INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Master License Installed but shows as Mac license  (Read 1677 times)

Mikeau

• Recent member
Master License Installed but shows as Mac license
« on: July 13, 2015, 05:24:04 am »

When the Master License was released early this year, I bought a copy although I didn't have an immediate need. I installed the license at the time, but in Registration info under help, it still showed it as being a Mac license. On the weekend (just gone), I tried again , I emailed and received the registration code, which in the email was shown as a registration code for the Master license. I then used the code to obtain the .mjr file, which I installed. However under Help/Reg. Information, it still shows it as being a Mac license?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be wrong. I would like to resolve this before upgrading to version 21.
I am currently running build 126 for Mac.

Thanks
Mike

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Master License Installed but shows as Mac license
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 06:35:35 am »

If you have a license installed, it won't work to install a new one.  Just wait until MC21 is released.

Thanks for your purchase.

Mikeau

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 06:58:39 am »

Thanks Jim,
However, I have purchased a Master license, when I go to Help/Registration information inMC it shows that I have a Mac license - shouldn't this show that I have a Master license?

Appreciate your help.
Mike

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 07:31:33 am »

Mike,

I'm assuming you had already installed a Mac license *first*?  Then you bought a Master License and tried to install it with a copy of MC that was already licensed on the Mac?

If so, what Jim is saying, is the original license (for Mac) will NOT be replaced by the Master License.  The program won't update the license if it's not needed.

But I hear you thinking:  "I want to make sure my Master License works!  Why can't I install it?"  The easiest way to try it out on your Mac is to create a new user account.  Call it whatever you want.  Testuser or something.  Log in with your new account.  Install the latest MC for Mac.  Then install your Master License under that new user account.  It should work and report that it is a Master License.  There's really no good reason to use this account or installation of MC.  It won't do anything that your Mac version won't do.  I'm only suggesting this so you can test your Master License and know that it's good and working.  At that point, you can delete the test user account... or leave it there sitting doing nothing if you want.

Once MC21 comes out, you can install it in your regular user account.  Finally, you can use your MC21 Master License on the new version of MC (21).  Again, assuming you bought a Master License within the last month or so that is an MC21 license and not an older Master License that is for MC20.

Brian.

Mikeau

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 05:59:14 am »

Hi Brian, thanks for taking the time to reply. Your explanation has cleared it up for me.
I will be going ahead and buying the MC21 upgrade (master license).

Thanks again,

Mike

Pages: [1]   Go Up