INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuck in Movie screen - how do I get back to menu?  (Read 1855 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Stuck in Movie screen - how do I get back to menu?
« on: July 14, 2015, 11:38:03 am »

It's embarrassing to ask - since I'm a long time MC user (I should know how to do this by now) but... I'm stuck
I am trying out Noire theme, and I was in Theater View and clicked on specific movie (Apollo 13) where I get the screen below.

I can watch the movie or go "back" one screen, but I can't figure out how to get back to the main Theater View menu to select a different movie. I can only switch between the two screens shown.  What am I missing? (I tried various function keys, right clicking, Tab key). I usually use the Obsidian theme. Is my problem just the way Noire works - or did I get lost somewhere?

Also the top border doesn't look right. The text is too large and covers the time/clock. Is this normal for Noire?

These seem to be the only screens/views available. I'm use to using the "back" button to take me back to the main menu in Theater View.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Stuck in Movie screen - how do I get back to menu?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 11:39:51 am »

F11 a couple times will get you to the Theater View menu.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 11:51:20 am »

Thanks.

F11 works to get me back to main menu.

I tired a few more time with different movies. Sometimes it goes to the screen (bottom picture) shown above (then it only switches between the two screens) and sometimes it goes back to main Theater View menu as it should.

Since no one else is seeing this - I think something is just "hosed up" a little on my system right now.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 12:01:15 pm »

I don't think your 'hosed up'....

The clue is in the top line of your second image...

You have pressed "Enter" on the description, which causes theater view to perform a search on that, and as it will naturally only return a single result, it skips the file list and takes you straight to the drilled in info page, masking what's really going on.

To expand the description field, you need to press "Right" when it is hilighted, and left to close it.

-marko

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 03:09:44 pm »

I don't think your 'hosed up'....

The clue is in the top line of your second image...

You have pressed "Enter" on the description, which causes theater view to perform a search on that, and as it will naturally only return a single result, it skips the file list and takes you straight to the drilled in info page, masking what's really going on.

To expand the description field, you need to press "Right" when it is hilighted, and left to close it.

-marko

Thanks for the follow up.

Is it possible to prevent (turn off) this search? What would one be searching for? 

I don't think I will ever need it, and it could cause trouble/confusion for someone else in the same way it did for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up