INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade Purchase Problem  (Read 4127 times)

yellowgalacticsun

Upgrade Purchase Problem
« on: July 15, 2015, 05:41:30 am »

[Edit -- For license upgrade questions, please use this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98538.0 ]

Hi there

I need some help.

I wanted to pre-order MC 21 master licence (at reduced price before july 25th) but couldn't complete the process.
I have the latest stable version of MC20 installed (20.0.124) running windows 8.

I followed all the steps that needed to be done to pre-order:

- type in my registration key
- filling out the personal info form
- payment with mastercard

After finishing these steps I got a message that I had already made a pre-order in the last 24 hours and that I should check my e-mail receipt of it. I definitely did not do this pre-order yet & I didn't get any mail regarding this matter. So unless someone else is using my registration key or somebody wanted to give me this pre-order as a present (whilst mysteriously retrieving my code?), there is a problem with my registration key.

More info: a couple of months ago I did a restore of my registration and gotten another install key. As far as I understand form the info provided on the jriver website an install key and a registration code are 2 different things right? The registration key is said to be permanent and the restored install key is said to be temporary (14 days).

I can nowhere find an e-mail address or phone number to a help desk, so therefore I  place my question here hoping that somebody from jriver reads this and can help me or provide me proper contact information to further deal with this unpleasant situation....

Thanks in advance

yellowgalacticsun

Re: Upgrade Purchase Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 05:51:17 am »

UPDATE - problem solved  :)

I believe all is well now. I've just got an e-mail with the registration code for MC 21. So I did buy the licence, although after completing my proces the JRver website was not very clear on that, giving me completely different information which is misleading. Maybe this can be a tip for the developers of the jriver website?

And now let's wait for MC21 to be released....  ;D

Grtz!

EitschPi

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 01:28:13 pm »

;D

I too tried to buy the new version, but failed when asked about my registration code. So I had JRiver resend me the code and I tried again with no success.

The system does not recognize the registration code which the system provided me with

What can I do?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 01:36:20 pm »

Please read this:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98668.0

You have a Master License.  Use the Direct Link to Master License.

Z0001

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 05:38:22 am »

Hi

I've also had trouble. used the Windows link since I have a Window's licence but the purchase failed 3 times. seemed to be saying there was a problem with my email, but my email was entered fine.

Please could you let me know what's up?

Thanks
Z

edwarduk

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 05:52:07 am »

Who can I contact please regarding an upgrade problem?

I get to the page where I can register an upgrade (page asking me all my payment details) but the page errors on my email address. Am using my correct email address (which I have been using with JRiver for years).  I tried a different email address but same error.

Triple checked that I entered the duplicate email and all is correct.

Same error occurs on the upgrade pages for Windows only as well as Master licence.

I seem to be doing something wrong.

I would prefer to upgrade by logging into JRiver website and going from there.  However, so far as I can see this is not possible - only way (I can see) is via input of registration code.

tia
Edward

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 06:27:24 am »

Please try again.  We may have had a server problem overnight.

edwarduk

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 06:35:16 am »

Thanks Jim,

Sorted!

Looking forward to MC21.

Edward

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 10:48:26 am »

For license upgrade questions, please use this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98538.0

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 10:12:15 am »

Hi

I've also had trouble. used the Windows link since I have a Window's licence but the purchase failed 3 times. seemed to be saying there was a problem with my email, but my email was entered fine.

Please could you let me know what's up?

Thanks
Z
Were you upgrading to a Master license?  If so, please try again since there was a problem upgrading from older versions of Media Center to a master license.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up