INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: suggestion - can advanced search in wiki be improved?  (Read 1386 times)

Jay Fora

• Recent member
suggestion - can advanced search in wiki be improved?
« on: July 19, 2015, 11:11:51 pm »

Hi, I've posted a few requests for help lately, as a new person setting up. I always search the Wiki first. I have noticed that if I put a phrase in the search, it still splits up the phrase and shows me all the instances with any of those words in the post. Looking through these is not so fruitful.  Is there any way that the 'advanced' search could be improved to include options like 'exact phrase exact order' and 'exact phrase words any order'  or something like this? This might reduce the number of posts by people searching for info that's already in the wiki somewhere.
Thanks, Jay

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: suggestion - can advanced search in wiki be improved?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 07:03:37 am »

Try the advanced search or Google search, adding jriver to your phrase.

Jay Fora

• Recent member
Re: suggestion - can advanced search in wiki be improved?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 08:43:49 pm »

Hi Jimh,  I  do that already -  most forums expect members to do some homework before posting. However a web search yeilds questions on a topic from people using mc with very different gear,  or combining it with other software. My search on the JRiver crackling issue led me to tutorials and discussions from various sites about downloading different drivers,  disabling windows equaliser,  sound pimp,  asio,  wasapi, etc.  I  have no idea what is actually relevant to my own situation. The forum has worked well so far,  and I am happy posting there, in these situations. Would still like to see a better advanced search function within MC if it were possible.  Thanks, and regards,  Jay
Pages: [1]   Go Up