INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move Gizmo Views To Another Computer  (Read 1561 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Move Gizmo Views To Another Computer
« on: July 14, 2015, 04:41:07 pm »

I have about 15 Views that I have explicitly set up for Gizmo (Tools - Options - Media Network - Advanced - Gizmo Views), all of them under Audio. They are different than my Standard Views. I would like to move these Gizmo views to another computer, but I do not see any easy way to do that. I can export from the Set Rules for File Display screen, but that does not export the whole view. The best would be to be able to move the whole Audio section in one operation to a file so I could then import that into the other computer. Anyone have a easy way to move these Gizmo views? I know how to save Standard Views, just not these Gizmo Views.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Move Gizmo Views To Another Computer
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 04:42:30 pm »

A library backup contains most settings.  If you're starting a new library on the second machine, that might be the easiest.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 04:46:05 pm »

The other computer is already set up and has different requirements from the first one. I cannot just copy the whole library over. I just want to copy the Gizmo views.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 08:05:17 am »

I ended up doing this by hand, which was a little time consuming and error prone, but it is done.

It would be nice to have a way to save and load views for Gizmo/JRemote/eos other than a full backup. It should be pretty easy to implement the save and load view logic from standard view to be used for remote views.
Pages: [1]   Go Up