INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files left over in database from viewing Live TV on Client machines  (Read 2603 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I have several files that are related to my watching Live TV from a client machine that don't "self-delete" when the TV viewing is over. I'm not recording - just watching TV. I know this was brought up before.

Are there any plans or progress in preventing this from happening? Is not a big deal, but these little files show up in Theater View when I open "Shows" to see what previously recorded TV I have and it looks messy and they don't work anyways.

Looking at these files, they are all under 400MB (some are just 100MB +/-). I sorted by file size and noticed that none of my correctly recorded Shows are under 500MB (most are over a GB) and all the files in my database that are under 500MB (even the ones I wanted to record/keep) don't work -  Either the recording didn't capture the entire 30 min show, or something went wrong. So it looks like any video under 500MB is bad and needs to be deleted. Other Users can confirm on their machines if this is the same for them.

So perhaps a fix to this could be to automatically delete any video file (or media sub type TV) that is under 450MB. Maybe this is not an easy thing to do and I can understand JRiver's reluctance to automatically delete anything - so perhaps this could be a User selection/choice. Assuming the (future) program can even do this.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Files left over in database from viewing Live TV on Client machines
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 12:35:25 am »

Is this not due to having the save live TV tab checked?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 06:31:19 am »

If we are talking about files left over in a time-shifting folder, such as .jti, .jtf, .cnk files, that are not a complete set, this is a long standing problem.  It is due to some part of the MC, or some programs outside of MC (here I am guessing: anti-virus, Windows System etc.) holding some of the files when they are supposed to be deleted. 

I will add an option to manually clean up these files.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 07:47:10 am »

If we are talking about files left over in a time-shifting folder, such as .jti, .jtf, .cnk files, that are not a complete set, this is a long standing problem.  It is due to some part of the MC, or some programs outside of MC (here I am guessing: anti-virus, Windows System etc.) holding some of the files when they are supposed to be deleted. 

Good move. Appreciated.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 08:23:26 am »

Yes that is what's happening.

I didn't notice what file type they are - but your explanation sounds right.

In my Theater View these unwanted files then show up under "Shows" (I suppose they are being auto-imported from my "Recorded TV" folder).

algol

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 09:58:32 pm »

Hi, has this ever been addressed?  I am also having the "leftover" time-shifting files but do not see the manual clean-up option that was mentioned.  Thanks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 12:21:30 am »

No, it hasn't been addressed yet. I'm sure it is still on the list though.

I cleaned a few up yesterday. Although I didn't check how old they were, I'm pretty sure they were from my recent viewing.

Anyway, there is no manual clean-up option yet other than using Windows Explorer. Just check that there aren't any actual recorded programs (other jtv files using the same cnk etc. file sets) in the same directory before deleting anything.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

algol

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 12:02:09 am »

OK thanks, I'll stand by and continue to delete them individually.  I just wanted to check that I hadn't missed anything on this problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up