INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCWS ClearPlaylist Command to One of Several Linked Zones Only Clears That Zone?  (Read 2548 times)

mjcrhbsh01

• Recent member

Hi,

I noticed that when I send the MCWS ClearPlaylist command to a zone that’s linked to other zones, the “Playing now” list will only be cleared from that one zone that’s specified in the command & not from the other linked zones.

The problem with that is, that if I then start playing from any of the other linked zones it puts the “Playing Now” list right back there & starts playing it again. What’s more, if I send afterwards the “PlaybyFileName” command to play a different file, even to that one zone that the playlist was cleared of, it will play that new file and then it will import right there again the playing now list from the other linked zones that were never cleared & will play that again.

Is that the intended behavior of the ClearPlaylist command when sent to a linked zone or is it a bug? If it is the intended behaver, can I put in a feature request that the ClearPlaylist command should indeed clear the playlist from all the linked zones?

Alternatively, if and when my other feature request from a couple of days ago will be implemented, that all MCWS commands should have the option to include more than one zone in one command, this issue will probably be moot. Actually I take that back. It would still be much better if the system just clears the playlist from all the linked zones on its own instead of having to manually include all the linked zones in a ClearPlaylist command.

Thank you very much.

mjcrhbsh01

• Recent member

mjcrhbsh01

• Recent member

I would greatly appreciate if someone from JRiver could give me an answer to this. I am working on a project on Android to be able to use JRiver as a PA system. It is almost complete, and I am now waiting for an answer to this in order to decide on how to proceed further with a workaround for this issue. The decision depends on whether:

1.   This a bug which would be fixed in the near term.
2.   It is not a bug which would make this a feature request, with JRiver accepting the request.
3.   It is a feature request but will not be done by JRiver, or at least not in the near future.

As the saying goes: “No” is also an answer, but at least we know where we stand.

Thanks again for an excellent & continuously improving product.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

I noticed that when I send the MCWS ClearPlaylist command to a zone that’s linked to other zones, the “Playing now” list will only be cleared from that one zone that’s specified in the command & not from the other linked zones.

Let me take a look at that.  I'd expect it to clear all the linked zones, so it just sounds like a short-sighted implementation or even a bug.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mjcrhbsh01

• Recent member

Let me take a look at that.  I'd expect it to clear all the linked zones, so it just sounds like a short-sighted implementation or even a bug.

Thank you very much.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

In the coming builds of MC21:
Changed: When a zone is cleared, it'll clear all the linked zones as well (applies to MCWS/v1/Playback/ClearPlaylist but also other areas as well).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mjcrhbsh01

• Recent member

In the coming builds of MC21:
Changed: When a zone is cleared, it'll clear all the linked zones as well (applies to MCWS/v1/Playback/ClearPlaylist but also other areas as well).

Thank you very much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up