INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver and Video content  (Read 1969 times)

iMilazzo

JRiver and Video content
« on: July 21, 2015, 03:55:00 pm »

Well, I have JRiver for a few years now and I want to know:
  • Why JRiver need to create xml files every single movies I have in my desktop?
  • There is no way to keep the video managements but without create these xml files in my computer? A database, or save them in a JRiver directory (a unique directory)?
  • There is a way simplify the creation of playlists and layouts/views to use in DLNA? I use JRiver as my music server but the configuration and layout are not easy to find.
  • Make it easy!! JRiver there is so much features that make simple things complicated like "play", there are thousands of options just to play music.
  • Maybe to create wizards to simplify things.

Thanks
Ivan

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: JRiver and Video content
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 04:56:13 pm »

Well, I have JRiver for a few years now and I want to know:
  • Why JRiver need to create xml files every single movies I have in my desktop?
  • There is no way to keep the video managements but without create these xml files in my computer? A database, or save them in a JRiver directory (a unique directory)?
The xml files are called Sidecar files. You can turn them off in Tools > Options > General > Importing and Tagging. All the tagging data is also stored in the JRiver library regardless of whether you use the Sidecar files. The Sidecar files are essentially a backup for tagging information. They are redundant if you also keep a library backup.

Make it easy!! JRiver there is so much features that make simple things complicated like "play", there are thousands of options just to play music.
Have lots of options makes it easy to "Play" from anywhere you are in the program. To me that makes it easy since one can ignore the methods that aren't easy to him.

Maybe to create wizards to simplify things.
You might want to be more specific.
Pages: [1]   Go Up