INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skin Black and Blue  (Read 8398 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Skin Black and Blue
« on: July 22, 2015, 04:31:31 am »

Hi
Will the skin Black and Blue work on MC21? I havent upgrade my MC20 lately becuase the latest upgrades of MC20 did not accept that skin. If MC21 accept that there is a reason for me to upgrade.

B.R.
Captor
JRiver for music

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Skin Black and Blue
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 08:07:35 am »

Can you tell me what problems you are having with the skin, my skin ;), and I will try and correct them for you. It is loading OK for me here with the latest MC build.

Captor

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 10:08:23 am »

Yes, after the update 20.0.87 everything in this skin appearsed very big. And that time when I asked you I git this answer:

"Since 20.0.84 MC now scales up non-retina skins based on your Windows scale setting.
There are some problems to be worked out.

Revert to 20.0.80 for now."

So I did that and do still using 20.0.80. Does this telling you whats wrong? You can look into my topic from 28 of March. There are more answer about this issue. Here is the link:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96564.0

It would be really appreaciated if you can fix it. It is a very nice skin.

B.R.
Captor
JRiver for music

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 10:42:13 am »

I just tried "Black and Blue Too", which was released recently.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98476.0

I like the look of the skin, but the fonts are very small on my system.  Probably 50% the size of the skins I normally use (Carbon or Onyx).  I would probably give it a nice trial run, but it's too small for me to read easily.  Maybe I should be reporting this in the thread above...

Brian.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 12:18:34 am »

I am going to need some help with this as I find it both confusing, and difficult to test. Is anyone using these retina things, or other scaling, who understands what's going on, willing to first, help me understand how it works, and then test when I try and fix things?

Captor, if you don't mind, I would want to work this out with the new 'Black and Blue Too' first (if I can grasp it) as the xml is fresher in my mind with that one. If I can fix that, I'll get the first Black and Blue fixed right after. Hopefully it shouldn't take too much as I still have the psd files used to make it.

So, to begin with, I've read the threads, and very quickly gotten bogged down and found myself unable to retain nor understand any of it, so posting links to a ton of jumbled reading won't help me.

What does a skin maker need to cater for?
There's a Windows scaling setting that can make things bigger... this one, yes?

and there are "Size" settings from 50% to 400% under the View menu in MC. Talking purely in terms of making a skin work, what does a skin creator need to concern themselves with? My head tells me, just the size setting in MC. Am I right or wrong? If the answer is "there is no right or wrong", it'll need an explanation in real basic laymans terminology :)

That'll do for starters, any takers?

Captor

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 04:03:42 am »

Dear Marko
Thank you very much! That would be wonderful if you can make that working. Changing size in MC is not supported for this skin. And in Windows 7, 64-bit I use 1920 x 1080.

I attach a printscreen how rhe skin looks like when it is correct. Until that update mentioned before that ruined the skin.
The printscreen looks not correct about colors. In my MC the skin has more strong colors and looks really nice.
But in the printscreen the colors sort of fading and are greyish.

But THAT is not the problem. I just mention it icīn case you wonder how the hell does he like that! But it is a really nice skin.
The problem is the size and only the size after the update.
I am not so good at IT but please let me know if there is anything I can help!
JRiver for music

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 10:26:35 am »

No takers so far :(

It's a shame because if we don't understand how what we do will look on the various setups out there, the skins will be unusable for many.

Captor,
I don't know if this will help you or not, but if you download the attached zip file, it contains a file called "Main.xml". Extract that into your "Black and Blue" folder, replacing the existing file, and then re-apply the skin in MC.
The "Size" options should then be enabled for you, but I warn you, in my tests, anything other than 100% made a real mess of the skin. Until I get someone who understands this stuff to help me, perhaps you could try that and let me know if changing the MC "Size" setting helps with your issue at all?

Captor

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 11:38:35 am »

Dear Marko
OK, I have done that now. It did not work so very well. I can see that I now can change sizes from 50% up to something 300% maybe (not sure). And it worked fine with 20.0.80. I could change sizes and everything looked just fine.
But then when I updated to 20.0.124 everything went south. The skin donīt fit again.
Please see my printscreen again.
When I changed back again to version 20.0.80 again it looked exactly like 20.0.124. Meaning Iit looked wrong. So then I deleted the main.xml file from you and reactivated the old main.xml again. And now it looks normal again. So I think it has nothing to do with the size settings in MC. However, if I use 20.0.80 it will probably work again until I update.

So something happen with MC after updates after 20.0.80.

Does this info help you some?

Captor
JRiver for music

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 01:27:34 pm »

I'm not an expert with skins, but have you tried adding the "Scale" property to the entries?  In Noir it looks like this:
<Entry Name="HorizontalLeftArrow" Bitmap="Scrollbar_HorizontalLeftArrow.png" NumberImages="4" Margins="8,8,8,8" Scale="4" />
It designates what scale the image is created for so MC can adjust.  I'd think it would default to the correct value, but it might be worth trying.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 05:15:51 pm »

I don't think that will work because my understanding is that, if you set the scale equal to four, the skinning engine, at 100% will scale the image down to 25%, and at 400%, would use the given image.

I think I have a handle on the skin side of things, I just have no idea how that all ties in with the Windows/MC scaling side of the equation. The complete mess that Black And Blue becomes when you move away from 100% in MC, does not happen to Black and Blue Too, so I must be getting closer, but still feel all at sea with the whole scaling issue.

Captor

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 10:12:35 am »

You guys wnat me to try the scale property from adamt?
In that case, what shall I do with that "row"?
JRiver for music

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 12:16:40 am »

I don't think that will work for you. It will make things tiny... Here is what Matt said about scaling...
You can specify an image that's bigger than needed for 100% (which is good because of high DPI and scaling).

So you make the image four times as big and say that the scale is 4.

You've been on my mind. I am flattered that you like my skin that much you're prepared to stick at v.080 in order to keep using it. You do realise though, that there are others that might say that kind of obsession may not be healthy for you, right? ;)

What I was thinking was, if you could tell me what you have your desktop scaling and resolution set to, and I set mine the same to see the skin problems, I could maybe set about trying to correct the skin for you, thus allowing you to upgrade without stress?

No promises, but we'll never know if we don't look.

Captor

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 07:16:05 am »

Hehe, yes I realize that. But it is really a nice skin.

The scaling if meaning how to display test and other items on the screen is 150%.
It is that much becuase I have a 50 inch TV and are sitting 4 m away in the sofa and then need to se whats on the screen.
The resolution is the recommended 1920 x 1080p.

It is very kind of you to try to find a solution.
JRiver for music

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2015, 04:43:16 am »

Morning Captor,

I have Windows 8.1 here, so do not have the same increments as you do, only the 'smaller to larger' slider shown in my post above. I set it in the middle, figuring that would be 150%.

I am not sure if this will work at your end, nor how it will look for you, but if it does, we could have won a watch...

Yes, with the latest, Black and Blue is blown up, and the size settings in MC are not supported by the skin.

I changed the skin to "Z" and set the size to 80%, then switched back to Black and Blue, and the 80% setting appears to have persisted. I rebooted, and it still appears to have retained that 80% setting. Could you try that? Meanwhile, I need to put my slider back down low as my apps are crazy at this size :D

Captor

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 07:40:36 am »

Dear Marko
OK, I have done that. Change to Z and set the size to 80% and then back to Black and Blur and the 80% persisted with your previous sent file main.xml.
Without that file, with my old main.xml 80% did not persist.

But now that i am using your file and I have 80% in Black and Blue the skin still look the same.
I attach a new printscreen with the current setting 80% in Black and Blue.
JRiver for music

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 09:01:22 am »

I tested with scaling disabled in the Black and Blue skin and it definately retained the 80% setting here.

It will take a little longer, but I will see if I can fix the image sizes and margins so that the skin doesn't move around and tear like that when moved away from 100%

Captor

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 09:12:27 am »

OK, let me know if I can help with my very minor ability.
JRiver for music

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 01:48:49 am »

Morning Captor,

It's nowhere near done, but think it might be useable for you at 80% or so. You can find the download in the original skin thread...
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=49214.0

Please keep any feedback you may have in that thread, not this one.

Matt, (or anyone else who may know), could you help me out with this issue please?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41727.msg685285#msg685285

-marko

Captor

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 03:20:51 am »

Good Morning Marko

Thank you very much. I will dive into that thread and read. And I will download the original skin also.

B.R.
Captor
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 09:13:36 am »

Dear Marko
Now it happen again. The skin looks wrong after the new update 21.00.23.
Is there some bug with the update? Do you face the same problem? I went back to 21.00.19 and now it looks OK again.
Do you see what I mean in the attached file?
Best Regards
Captor
JRiver for music

blgentry

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2015, 09:26:10 am »

Marko has updated all of his B&B skins so they work with MC 21.0.23.  Here's his post about B&B:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=49214.msg703651#msg703651

Brian.

Captor

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2015, 09:30:16 am »

Thank you very much, blgentry. I will look into it.
Captor
JRiver for music
Pages: [1]   Go Up