INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Issues with 20.0.124  (Read 4284 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
TV Issues with 20.0.124
« on: July 18, 2015, 10:46:36 am »

Every couple of months I spend 2-3 hours (at least... This time it was more like 4...() Trying to see If I can use JRiver instead of Sage..Every time I see improvements but this time I feel you've gone backwards...

I have both MCE and Hauppage Blasters and now none of the IR Blasters work!!) I use the hauppage one with Sage and had setup the MCE one for JRiver and got it to work with older JRiver versions even though ports were reversed in JRiver but now I can't get MCE  to work either ...So without this JRiver is useless to me..
XMLTV and MC2XML.. For some reason I can't delete the profiles once setup...It took me an hour alone to set one up for one channel missing in the ATSC and STB profiles...I finally managed to get XMLTV working for that ATSC channel as I couldn't set-up MC2XML in JRiver and could not find documentation on how to set it up (old doc not relevant anymore as we can not configure MC2XML in JRiver).

Still only one Recording folder available...This is a must for me to have more than one recording folder available. I had suggested to set it per tuner card as a workaround (I have 4 ATSC and one Colossus for STB)
And what about comskip support inside JRiver?? Another must unless there is a simple solution out there...

If you need log files or more info I'll gadly help just let me know...Very disappointing after a good 4 hours on this...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: TV Issues with 20.0.124
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 10:50:43 am »

The MCE remote will definitely work.  I use one all the time.

MC has an option to disable WMC.  You could try it.  WMC or something else may be getting in the way.  Reboot.

Batteries?

Did you try a search for comskip here?

rammingspeed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 01:16:17 pm »

Remote -  Use EventGhost and you can use just about any remote with any application.

XMLTV - I've used both Zap2XML and MC2XML.  I had spotty results getting MC to initiate the download and also import it, so I run the download as a scheduled batch job and point MC to import it at a time after the batch file completes.  Reliable and easy.

One Recording Folder - I'd like this one too, BUT until JR decides to add the feature, a good high speed drive and I can easily record 3 to 4 shows at the same time.  JMRC has a decent routine to move files if you need to make space.

Comskip - MC honors .edl files and jumps ahead.  I'd prefer a that the video time bar showed the start and stop points but it works.  Just set up comskip to monitor your recording folder.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 01:56:00 pm »

XMLTV and MC2XML.. For some reason I can't delete the profiles once setup...
Are you trying to delete EPG loading profiles?  TV Options > General > Load Program Guide... > Highlight the profile you want to delete, and click Delete button - do it one at a time.

It took me an hour alone to set one up for one channel missing in the ATSC and STB profiles...I finally managed to get XMLTV working for that ATSC channel as I couldn't set-up MC2XML in JRiver and could not find documentation on how to set it up (old doc not relevant anymore as we can not configure MC2XML in JRiver).

If you have not done so, please read the updated EPG wiki.  In general you should group your ATSC channels with corresponding STB channels.

Still only one Recording folder available...This is a must for me to have more than one recording folder available. I had suggested to set it per tuner card as a workaround (I have 4 ATSC and one Colossus for STB)

Multiple recording folders will be added in MC21.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 03:30:39 pm »

Excellent news about the multiple folders Yaobbing thank you.  I already have my master licence :)

On the blaster I'm sure of it and I'm pretty sure Yaobbing remembers the issue I was having :)...I already have 2 blasters I'm sure one of them could work as it used to work a few weeks back..

For EPG The delete button is greyed out for the MC2XML for some reason. (And also for the STB) The only ones I can delete are the Auto ATSC profile and the XMLTV Profile (the one I use for that missing channel)

Yeah I like your suggestion Yaobbing I will use my STB profile to get listings for my ATSC channels but as I said earlier there is the one channel I get OTA that is not on my Satellite STB therefore I can't get it from there...
But yes I should probably have 2 profiles instead of three...But I can't delete them which means I would have to start from scratch having to manually delete all the unused STB channels...Ok I guess I have no choice...I'll try that.

Yaobbing any idea for the STB Blaster issue?

For comskip I know it reads etl files but there is no option to get JRiver to start running comskip.  Thanks Rammingspeed I'll give this a try, I have the comskip paid version I didn't know it could monitor folders on its own...I'll look it up but if there's a procedure somewhere let me know.  Therefore all that would be needed is to see the cut points on the progress bar...(Different colour or a lighter green color maybe..)

I have to say...Trying it with the ATSC channels in theater view it does work a lot smoother than a few previous versions...We'll get there eventually I'm sure!!! Can'T wait!!!

thx for the hard work..
Yaobbing if you need log files let me know...

rammingspeed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 06:29:13 pm »

Actually you can find Comskip Monitor back on the SageTV downloads pages http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=138  I've had this around so long, I forgot where I got it...

MCEBuddy can monitor the recording folder as well, and can also be used to automatically remove commercials.  Never liked this feature much as comskip is rarely 100% accurate.

Multiple recording folders will be added in MC21.
- Excellent!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 07:24:04 pm »

On the blaster I'm sure of it and I'm pretty sure Yaobbing remembers the issue I was having :)...I already have 2 blasters I'm sure one of them could work as it used to work a few weeks back..

If I remember it correctly, you were able to test the blaster in the setup wizard, but was not able to use it when actually watch or record a channel.  That was a big puzzle I still do not understand.

For EPG The delete button is greyed out for the MC2XML for some reason. (And also for the STB) The only ones I can delete are the Auto ATSC profile and the XMLTV Profile (the one I use for that missing channel)

I see.  You can not delete an EPG mode from there if it is associated with a tuner profile.  You need to edit the tuner profile at TV Options > Tuner Profiles.  Select the profile and click either Delete or Configure.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 05:57:08 pm »

@Rammingspeed. MCE Buddy...The so-called open source program that you are stuck waiting for the new version unless you pay 20$...Never quite liked this one as I tried several times to customise it  and never worked well for me compared to MC-TV Converter (which works well with handbrake profiles and does the same for free the only issue hereis monitoring multiple folders which MCE buddy does well..I like the subtitle scraping of MC-TV converter...Yeah I could use this as well..

@Yaobbing thx I'll give it a try.  I'll play around a little more with the blasters but I would need to look at my earlier posts on this...  Question is why isn't the hauppage (now supported) does not work.

It works well with Sage and is configured properly with Blastcfg...

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 11:21:28 pm »

All right..another 3-4 hours.. I ended up deleting my profiles and started from scratch...Hey guess what, JRiver now sees my Hauppage blaster..Good news let's keep going!!!...Now setting up channel profiles, another hour but I get everything I need ...Now back to an old problem I thought was fixed...No Dolby digital with my colossus...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 07:02:40 am »

Your complaints won't solve your problems.

Post enough information that someone might have a chance of helping.

Dolby Digital is possible.

Slow where?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 09:27:50 am »

I checked my settings again and recalled it had something to do with Time-Shifting mode.  Sure enough when I enabled the Analog device in Time Shifting mode it resolved it.

I thought this was resolved? (I'd have to look at my last posts on this with Yaobbing.) But in my case not really an issue as I would always want it in time-shifting mode anyways.  By deleting my STB profile it was disabled again by default.

All right I think have everything working now however...
By slow I mean the tv watching experience is slow compared to Sage.  Changing channels, going into the guide etc...I don't know how else I can describe it!

I'll play around a little more and post back my findings if I have any.  I'm doing this to help and I'm not a developer so I'm giving you the best I can which is my time so please accept my criticism as I'm sure I'm not the only one with these issues..
Pages: [1]   Go Up