INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 not starting  (Read 2073 times)

doug2761

• Recent member
MC20 not starting
« on: July 22, 2015, 01:50:49 pm »

Just upgraded from MC19 to MC20 on Macbook Air running OSX Yosemite.  MC19 still works fine.  When I start MC20 I see that MC20 starts but there are also seems to be a loop where new MC20 instances are launching.  Looking at Console I see the following items:

7/22/15 2:35:26.666 PM Media Center 20[756]: objc[756]: Class JRNSWindowDelegate is implemented in both /Applications/Media Center 20.app/Contents/MacOS/Media Center 20 and /Applications/Media Center 20.app/Contents/MacOS/libJRTools.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
7/22/15 2:35:26.666 PM Media Center 20[756]: objc[756]: Class JRWebView is implemented in both /Applications/Media Center 20.app/Contents/MacOS/Media Center 20 and /Applications/Media Center 20.app/Contents/MacOS/libJRTools.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
7/22/15 2:35:26.666 PM Media Center 20[756]: objc[756]: Class JRNSView is implemented in both /Applications/Media Center 20.app/Contents/MacOS/Media Center 20 and /Applications/Media Center 20.app/Contents/MacOS/libJRTools.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

There are several more of these errors.  Any idea what's going on or how I can repair this?

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC20 not starting
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 11:38:45 am »

Those messages are normal.  Can you describe the problem you have a bit more?  What happens when you launch MC 20?
Adam Thompson, JRiver

doug2761

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 10:41:12 pm »

When I launch MC20 I see the MC20 icon on my application dock.  The bar at the bottom of the Mac screen that has all the app icons.  After the app starts I see the MC20 welcome screen but then I begin seeing an additional MC20 icon on the application bar.  The second icon bounces up and down like the icons do when you start an app and then the second icon closes.  Immediately afterward another MC20 icon appears.  This just keeps going on and on.  MC19 is working fine on this machine.  I don't run both at the same time so MC19 is not launched when I launch MC20.  I'm seeing the same behavior on my second Macbook Air.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 08:43:41 am »

A couple things to try:
1. If you haven't already, try reinstalling the latest MC 20.  If that doesn't work, then:
2. Try temporarily moving MC 20 application support files (Yosemite ▸ Users ▸ UserName ▸ Library ▸ Application Support ▸ J River) somewhere else and reinstalling again.  Make sure to save the folder so you can put it back.

I highly suggest doing a library backup before taking these steps. 
Adam Thompson, JRiver

doug2761

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 04:59:56 pm »

Thanks for the hints.  I bought the upgrade for MC21 so I think I'll just wait for that release.  That this is normal behavior for MC20 seems a bit odd but MC19's been a great product for me.  I'll tinker a bit and worst case I'll just wait for MC21.  Cheering you on as I listen to some great sound through MC.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 08:48:50 pm »

When I launch MC20 I see the MC20 icon on my application dock.  The bar at the bottom of the Mac screen that has all the app icons.  After the app starts I see the MC20 welcome screen but then I begin seeing an additional MC20 icon on the application bar.  The second icon bounces up and down like the icons do when you start an app and then the second icon closes.  Immediately afterward another MC20 icon appears.  This just keeps going on and on.

This is how MC behaves on Macs while it is building thumbnails for files. It will happen until the thumbs in the current view are finished building.

MC19 doesn't do it because its thumbnail cache is finished (except for new files). If you want to make it do it beforehand, go to:
Tools > Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Build missing thumbnails

And let it run. It'll probably take a while, so kick it off and go to bed. Otherwise, it can safely be ignored.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up