INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 is fantastic  (Read 1219 times)

MikeDuke

• Junior Woodchuck
MC20 is fantastic
« on: July 27, 2015, 07:09:09 am »

I am not sure if this is the right place for this.  If not, please feel free to move it to the correct section.

I just wanted to say how much I love JRiver MC20.  I had MC18 for a long time.  I have had my server for at least 2 1/2 years
and it came with MC18 on it.  Coming from no server to so being able to having everything at my finger tips was really cool.
JRiver made that even cooler with the front end featuring posters and descriptions and slide shows for music.

But, there were a few ideas I had in my head that I thought would be cool.
For instance
1.  How about, in the TV show section, instead of just showing a picture from episode one, the season boxes were shown
2.  In the music section, I notices that some band did not have slide shows when playing a particular band.  How about "fixing" that

Well, both of those have been addressed.  Now, with my ST TNG series, I see the season boxes. With my Bleach anime, I see the season boxes.
With my Dead Wood series, I see the season boxes.  That is so cool.

And for music, there were bands like The Allman Brothers Band, Kenny Wayne Shepard, and Derek and the Dominos that did not have
a slide show.  Now they all do.  Not to mention, bands that had a slide show now have even more pictures that cycle through.
I like that a lot.

That's all objective stuff.  I haven't watched a lot but on the subjective side I do think that the video for movies, and shows has improved.
As has the audio quality.  I like the fact that the music made the albums bigger.  

The reason I really got this was so that I could rip and playback Atmos soundtracks.  I don't have an Atmos system but at least I should be able to get
TRUHD out of it instead of just high bit Dolby Digital.  

I am really happy I jumped on the reduced price for this.  Plus I have to thank everyone who answered my questions via PM.  They gave me the confidence that I could do this on my own.  When I got my server it already had MC18 on it so I did not do the install.  But with the step by step instructions, it really was not an issue.  Again, I love the upgrades to it.  I will probably be satisfied for a long time now.  I lasted 2 years with MC18 and now with these upgrades, including Atmos support, I am probably good for at least another 2 years.  But thank you JRiver team for making a great product even better.

P.S  Again, if this should be someplace else, feel free to move it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC20 is fantastic
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 07:12:30 am »

That's really nice to hear.  Thanks for taking time to say so.
Pages: [1]   Go Up