INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC can't see my CD's  (Read 1336 times)

ubiquity55

MC can't see my CD's
« on: July 22, 2015, 08:18:17 pm »

Recently bought MC (20.0.126) on the advice of a friend as a way to rip lossless music and organize my library.  He ripped most of my CD's for me and put them on an external hard drive.  I've created a new library that accesses that folder (instead of the default "user" music file on my Macbook which is used by iTunes).  Now I'm trying to finish ripping the rest of my CD's.  I put in a CD, MC opens, MC recognizes the CD, lists the tracks, so I click "Rip Disc."  Then the tracks promptly disappear, MC says "there is no disc,"  and the rip fails.  Arg...
I've refreshed, reinserted, rebooted, and nothing.  However, iTunes can play it and rip it just fine.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC can't see my CD's
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 09:22:25 pm »

I've had similar behavior with MC for Mac trying to rip CDs.  I've reported it, but I'm not sure if it's being worked on or not.  Frankly it doesn't matter to me because I use a third party tool to rip CDs.  It's not quite as friendly to set up as MC is, but it works very well.  If you're willing to do the work of setting it up, you might check out XLD.  It's free.

Otherwise, perhaps JRiver has a workaround for this issue that I'm not aware of.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up