INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio crackly [Solved]  (Read 1906 times)

Jay Fora

• Recent member
Audio crackly [Solved]
« on: July 19, 2015, 10:54:28 pm »

Hi, I have looked at the audio set up and trouble shooting guide. I am not seeing anything that seems relevent. In DSP only changed to one of an equaliser presets provided, but problem existed bfore that. All my tracks are FLAC. Tracks were also skipping, or getting stuck and blurry in places. I noticed in the options that increasing the 'buffering' would help - which it did - however maximum buffering is needed, and there is still some distortion. There is also a note that increasing buffering can have an adverse effect on other things. I would like to know if there is something I am missing, and how to handle this issue better.
I just have my computer and Creative speakers. Nothing in between to have an effect.
Thanks, Jay

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

What output are you using (WASAPI, asio, default)?

What are your windows sound settings?

Do you use a sound card or just plug the speakers into the onboard sound?

What are the output format settings?

Big one - do you use anti virus?

Did you try "play from memory"?

Jay Fora

• Recent member

Hi Ferday,  I am sorry but I am so new to trying to improve the sound,  that I don't know where to look for the answers to these questions yet.  I can tell you that I use a good anti virus  program that has always been intelligent enough not to interfere with the wrong things so far.
When you ask about a soundcard,  if that is an extra piece of hardware that doesn't come with the laptop,  no,  I  only use the laptop as is.

The other questions I will be  need directions so that I can answer you.  Thanks,  Jay

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

What files are you playing?  Ordinary FLAC?  16/48?

Did you try another output?

Please follow the guide here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I use a good anti virus  program that has always been intelligent enough not to interfere with the wrong things so far.

That doesn't guarantee that it isn't the problem.  You can't rule out the antivirus program.

Jay Fora

• Recent member

Hi, Had already followed the audio set up guide to the best of my ability. Had left the settings MC suggested as best, as they were, as that seemed wisest. My problem has largely been one of language - not understanding many of the terms of reference in the settings, or in the questions I have been asked to try and help me. Web searches looking for translation didn't resolve which information was relevent, or how to apply it.
I have however discovered that the audio setup in my machine is wasapi based, and that the audio device recommended in MC settings was incorrect, and have changed this. Changed 'auto configure output settings on playback error' to 'yes'. This seems to have worked  :D))
There's a couple of other things I'd like to figure out, as i couldn't find instructions that are clear enough for me.....but I'm going to just relax, and enjoy the music for a while  :)
Thank you for being so prompt with your offers of help, Jay
Pages: [1]   Go Up