INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Update Library from Tags" -- failures?  (Read 1137 times)

lendall

• Recent member
  • Pour notre Malheur, le monde est réel
"Update Library from Tags" -- failures?
« on: July 25, 2015, 10:23:04 pm »

I just ran Update Library from Tags.  Why?  Because I have an external USB drive that I use on several computers.  I have updated the tags on Computer B, and now I want a library on Computer A to reflect those updates. 

The problem:  At the end of the Update Library from Tags process (total number of files: a few shy of 9,000), I get a message that there were 99 Failures.  How do I know what those failures were?  There is no way to see which files were involved.  Then what is the reason likely to be?  I have created some custom tags and designated that they should be stored inside the files, but I have updated those tags on the relevant libraries of both Computer A and Computer B.  (Example of a custom field: Handheld, to designate files that I wish to export to my phone.)

Thoughts?
Intel D975XBX2
Intel Quad Core 2 Extreme 06800 2.93Ghz
MAudio Audiophile Sound Card
XP, SP3
Preamplifier:  6SN7, all stages regulated, stepped attenuator; D.T.N. Williamson Amplifier, 12SN7, 6SN7, 807W (push-pull), Acrosound transformers  initial gain stage with regulated filaments; Speakers Cary Audio (3 way); System B:  Bottlehead Paramour amps with iron upgrade, nos RCA 2A3s; Bottlehead "Sex" speakers (Fostex FE 166E's, two Dayton Audio powered 10" subwoofers).

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Update Library from Tags" -- failures?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 11:46:37 pm »

I have requested in the past that a playlist be automatically created in these cases. It would be mist useful to help us fix or delete the affected files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up