INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 Upgrade and PayPal  (Read 4274 times)

mdme

MC21 Upgrade and PayPal
« on: July 26, 2015, 02:32:40 am »

Hello,

I upgraded from MC20 to MC21 (Windows upgrade) at the pre-order sale price of $18.98.  I received an email  from you (buy-button@jriver.com) acknowledging my purchase, and the same email had the new registration code for MC21.  However, the purchase did not activate Media Center on my PC.  Given that there are sometimes problems with purchasing using PayPal, I went to https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/paypal_support.cgi and entered the email address I used for the upgrade purchase.   Upon doing so I received the following message: "We could not authenticate your transaction.  Please try later at JRiver's PayPal support page. You will need your PayPal Transaction ID.  Please visit Interact for technical support." Can you confirm that my purchase went through and that I am now licensed for MC21?  Thank you. 

This is the second time I have had difficulty purchasing Media Center using PayPal.  I ran into the same problem when I purchased MC20 last year.  In both cases - MC20 purchase and MC21 upgrade - I never received a payment confirmation e-mail from PayPal (and, instead had to obtain it the transaction ID from my PayPal account page).  Also, even though I receive the "License for Media Center was successfully installed!" message on my PC desktop when I use the Install Key that comes attached to the buy-button@jriver.com purchase confirmation email, when I use the PayPal support page to confirm the license was installed I again receive the "We could not authenticate your transaction." message.

Hoping someone can help me with this problem. 

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC21 Upgrade and PayPal
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 02:40:38 am »

If you got a mail with the registration code, then everything is fine. You can just enter the registration code in recent builds of MC20, and future MC21 builds, of course, to activate them.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mdme

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 02:47:31 am »

If you got a mail with the registration code, then everything is fine. You can just enter the registration code in recent builds of MC20, and future MC21 builds, of course, to activate them.

I am not sure how to do this.  When I go to Help -> Registration Info within Media Center, the pop-up window says I have a registered license and that I am running JRiver Media Center 20.20.131 (the latest update).  Where would I enter the registration code I received for the MC21 upgrade?

Regarding the PayPal problem, do you know of any reason why JRiver is unable to authenticate my purchase transaction?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 02:50:13 am »

I am not sure how to do this.  When I go to Help -> Registration Info within Media Center, the pop-up window says I have a registered license and that I am running JRiver Media Center 20.20.131 (the latest update).  Where would I enter the registration code I received for the MC21 upgrade?

If its already registered, all is fine. Once MC21 launches, you can enter the registration key there to unlock it. No need to enter it in MC20 today, really.

I do not know how the PayPal transaction thing works, but maybe Jim will answer that.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mdme

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 03:04:14 am »

If its already registered, all is fine. Once MC21 launches, you can enter the registration key there to unlock it. No need to enter it in MC20 today, really.

So I assume the way it works is that once MC21 launches I will be prompted to put in the new license somewhere within Media Center.  Any thoughts on where that "somewhere" is (maybe Help -> Registration Info or Help -> Upgrade)?

I do not know how the PayPal transaction thing works, but maybe Jim will answer that.

Should I post in a different thread or section of the forum regarding the PayPal issue?  I have no idea why using PayPal causes such problems. 

Thanks for your help.  Much appreciated.   

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 03:10:11 am »

So I assume the way it works is that once MC21 launches I will be prompted to put in the new license somewhere within Media Center.  Any thoughts on where that "somewhere" is (maybe Help -> Registration Info or Help -> Upgrade)?

It'll be in the Help menu, I think the option is called "Enter Registration Key" or something. It'll also prompt you on first start I think, if you want to enter a key or start a trial.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mdme

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 03:22:07 am »

Thanks again for your help Hendrik.  Cheers!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 07:02:42 am »

If MC20 is using an MC20 license, you may need to wait for MC21 in order to install the new license.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 07:05:02 am »

You have a valid MC21 for Windows license.  No need to do anything at Paypal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up