INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change In Sound Quality  (Read 2173 times)

guven

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Change In Sound Quality
« on: September 03, 2003, 02:43:17 pm »

Before my friend introduced me MJ 8, I used the version 7.2 for a period. And I thought it was great considering the sound quality. But I finally noticed MJ 8 had more features and I decided to purchase it. I'm happy with it now for several things it has featured.

But I felt changes in the sound quality between two versions although I've used both versions onthe same OS with the same sound card. And the version 7.2 had a much better quality.

Is there a logical explanation for this? I mean the change in sound? I wish I could use the sound of version 7 together with the features of MJ 8. Is it possible ? Or what can I do to improve the performance and the quality of sound?

Thanks so much again.. I will try not to bother you again after this question :) (but I really liked the sound of MJ 7.2)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Change In Sound Quality
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 02:52:31 pm »

The sound is the same if you have the settings the same.

Try a search here and on google for via chipset problems.  That may be the problem you have.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2003, 09:56:51 am »

guven

turn on or off the DSP settings

I have noticed this sometimes may clear up sound problems. I know it works good on one of my sound cards but with the DSP on with another it sounds like crap.

not sure if it is the card or the player but it sounds like it is the card if it works fine on one and not the other.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

guven

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2003, 08:10:47 am »

Maybe you won't believe me but with DSP effects Im getting better results. What I don't understand is that even Winamp has a better sound. I sometimes think of using version 7.2 but I don't wanna miss the features of MJ 8.

I also searched for problems which may be caused by a VIA chipset but I don't have a VIA chipset and that didnt work. I have SOund Blaster Live 5.1 and it was great with MJ 7.2 but although I tried for many hours I haven't got rid of the annoying bass sound while playing with MJ 8. (There is some kind of annoying sound by default without using any EQ or environment effects and no matter how hard I try Icouldn't solve the problem although it got better after using some effects but I don't have the clear sound now as I did wtih the version 7.2)

ANyway I guess the situation is hopeless, thanks for your interest.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2003, 08:32:47 am »

Maybe you won't believe me but with DSP effects Im getting better results. What I don't understand is that even Winamp has a better sound. I sometimes think of using version 7.2 but I don't wanna miss the features of MJ 8.

I also searched for problems which may be caused by a VIA chipset but I don't have a VIA chipset and that didnt work. I have SOund Blaster Live 5.1 and it was great with MJ 7.2 but although I tried for many hours I haven't got rid of the annoying bass sound while playing with MJ 8. (There is some kind of annoying sound by default without using any EQ or environment effects and no matter how hard I try Icouldn't solve the problem although it got better after using some effects but I don't have the clear sound now as I did wtih the version 7.2)

ANyway I guess the situation is hopeless, thanks for your interest.

i had this sound board on my old Computer

well there was a problem with this sound board and a version of the updated driver. if installed it made the sound sound like it had distortion in it.

Reinstalling the driver did not make it any better

Reinstalling windows Xp ontop of windows xp did not make it any better

The only way i could fix it was to do a complete reinstall of windows XP from my recovery disk.

Fayetteville, NC, USA

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2003, 01:33:16 pm »

yep it is the soundblaster live 5.1 drivers i believe there is an update at the soundblaster site for them now.  but that is what is causing the trouble. ;D

roving cowboy / keith hall

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2003, 02:43:28 pm »

yep it is the soundblaster live 5.1 drivers i believe there is an update at the soundblaster site for them now.  but that is what is causing the trouble. ;D

yep, when he said "soundblaster live" i remembered that problem.

after I got the orginal drivers back working I never upgraded them, and all was fine.
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up