INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.254 beta available  (Read 2831 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.254 beta available
« on: September 18, 2003, 09:05:57 am »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.    

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:      
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe      

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:      
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91254.exe

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Changed: In searches, "Full Albums" modifier evaluated after limits so it's now possible to make a smartlists of a random number of full albums. (ex: [Track #]==1 ~a ~n=10)
2. Fixed: Smartlists that reference other smartlists could give unexpected results in some cases.
3. Fixed: Smartlists that album grouped could sometimes grow to include tracks not in the original set of files being evaluated.
4. Changed: Advanced searches faster in some cases.
5. Fixed: Nested searches with post-process commands like limits wouldn't work as expected.
6. Changed: After clicking in the panes the file list and other panes update at the same time -- increasing apparent speed.
7. Fixed: Media Center would crash while stopping playback.
8. Fixed: List headers would flicker during a repaint.
9. Fixed: Pane headers could flicker while drawing.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 9.1.254 beta available
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 09:14:58 am »

Bug:

Media server does not stream cover arts with international characters. I am getting this error:

"could not open <F:/Mi m?ca/blabla/folder.jpg>"

The correct path should be:

"F:/Mi música/blabla/folder.jpg"

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 09:32:54 am »

Please read carefully before downloading.

6. Changed: After clicking in the panes the file list and other panes update at the same time -- increasing apparent speed.

8. Fixed: List headers would flicker during a repaint.
9. Fixed: Pane headers could flicker while drawing.

There exist another and very annoying flick. After clicking in the panes the PN page repaints and flashes. There is not need to repaint PN.

This affects real and apparent speed. After clicking in the pane, fisrt PN repaints, and only then detailed list does. On my system, repainting PN takes as long as repainting detailed list.  

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 09:34:57 am »

F5 no longer refreshes Smartlist titles - instead it just rearranges the order of the titles already showing.

Is this deliberate - if so how do I now refresh the contents?

TIA. John.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 09:39:34 am »

In fact it looks like the "Random" setting in Smartlists is broken. I get the same selection of tracks whatever "random" setting I look at - either MC9 random smartlists or ones I create.

John

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 09:55:40 am »

the "limit" rule doesnt just limit time, it seems to limit to one artist too.

I have a smartlist set to:
genre: rock  sort: random  limit: 60 minutes Ipod: yes

but it gives me one hour of only david bowie.

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 10:00:53 am »

Bug
Panes with short lists don't initially show a scrollbar like they used to several builds ago. Selecting any of the panes will bring back the scrollbar. The missing scrollbar looks particularly bad if show gridlines is used. There's a distinct "hole" where the scrollbar should be  .

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2003, 10:28:06 am »

Bug:

Media server does not stream cover arts with international characters. I am getting this error:

"could not open <F:/Mi m?ca/blabla/folder.jpg>"

The correct path should be:

"F:/Mi música/blabla/folder.jpg"

fixed in the next build...

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2003, 10:56:38 am »

List Drawing Bug
The button list in the "Customize Menu Bar" dialog does not support the transparency of the new "SmallIcons.png".

List Drawing Bug
After horizontal scrolling track lists to the right, the "List_HeaderBar" of the columns don't show "mouse over" hover effect and "mouse down" state.

List Drawing Bug
While and even after resizing MC, some pixel of the list content flash between "List_HeaderBar" and track list.

Top Toolbar Drawing Bug
If "OffsetX" for the "TopBar" has a value greater than 50, the Minimize-, Maximize/Restore- and Close-Buttons of the Mainframe are overdrawn by the toolbar buttons when resizing MC to a smaller width.

Frame Drawing Bug
The Minimize-, Maximize/Restore- and Close-Buttons of "Frame"/Dialog windows don't show the "mouse over" hover effect. Only normal and "mouse down" states are displayed.

Scrollbar Drawing Bug
When switching between view schemes, panes with short lists don't show a scrollbar. Resizing MC a little bit (one pixel...) or clicking in the pane brings up the scrollbar. After switching to another view scheme and then back to the one with the short list, the scrollbar is missing again...

Don't know if this has worked before:
When listening to web radio, Playing Now's Track Info does not refresh when a new song starts. It's sticked to the page that is loaded when you start listening to the station. So in Hairstyle / Windowed / Full Screen mode, it's quite hard to get the right info...

---------------------------------------------------------

Media Center 9.1.254 -- C:\Programme\Audio\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2017 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 806 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive J: TEAC     CD-W524E           Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2003, 12:29:55 pm »

This also seems to apply to the songs themselves.  I'm trying to play songs with non-7-bit characters on my living room PC, connected to Media Server on the main PC, and Media Server gives me a popup asking me to "Please Update Media Center Library".  Every time there's an 8-bit char, that character and the two following characters seem to be replaced with a question mark.

The songs play just fine when I use a local library on the main PC, and they used to play without problems using MediaServer a couple of versions ago (not sure exactly which version I used).

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2003, 12:33:07 pm »

This also seems to apply to the songs themselves.

Yes, it does. Fixed in next build.

j

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2003, 12:39:25 pm »

If I click on 'file properties' in the action window and then tag info, when I click back and back again to get to the homepage, the tag info link is on the front page. Is this deliberate? It's cool having it on the front page. you should keep it there.

Also, (sorry not a bug) the playlists window is messy. There are too many playlists displayed. I cant think when I'd choose to use that to select a playlist over the tree.

:)

nila

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2003, 12:56:07 pm »

It seems to be nearly there - any chance of those new buttons that were mentioned being added now?

For location bar and other bars?

Jim had said they would be added when it was ready and the bugs were gone.

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2003, 01:35:01 pm »

Odd, Mega-Me seems to be stuck on "Always On Top"

Well, nevermind... I closed and reopened MC and it's no longer stuck on top.  This behaviour started when I was working on some smartlists.

Media Center Registered 9.1.254 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1593 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 463 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     NR-7900A           Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

mjextman.exe /ipodsync
Pages: [1]   Go Up