INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Who issue  (Read 1264 times)

albold

• Recent member
Dr Who issue
« on: July 26, 2015, 08:14:05 pm »

I tried the Dr Who option a couple of weeks ago and now have many files which play for only 30 seconds added to my library, some of which are duplicating the full length ones I had originally in my library. How do I return my library to the state it was in before DR.Who added these files?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dr Who issue
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 05:03:29 am »

When you download a Playlist from Dr Who, it attempts to find matching songs on your computer. If you already own the song it links to it. If it doesn't find a match it provides a 30 second sample and a link to Performer Store where you can buy the song.

You can just delete the Playlist to get rid of it (in current MC version (.131), sample songs are keep separate) - on the older versions of Dr Who the playlist samples mixed in (showed up) with all your other songs. In this case you would need to sort by "file name" and then delete the entries that have no file name/path (i.e. don't link to your audio storage).

If you just downloaded the Dr Who playlist and haven't made any other major changes to your library, you could do a "Library restore" to the time before you downloaded the Dr Who playlist.

albold

• Recent member
Re: Dr Who issue
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 12:26:42 am »

Thanks- have it sorted now :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up