INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profiles ?  (Read 2464 times)

georgethesixth

• Recent member
Profiles ?
« on: July 27, 2015, 02:53:30 am »

Is there a way to create something like a 'profile' in JRiver please ? I would like to play around with some settings without compromising the 'trusty' config.  I don't think it is within the default functionality, but I've learned to ask first. 

If not : what should I backup to make sure I can restore after messing up.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Profiles ?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 12:43:02 pm »

Many settings are zone specific, so you can create a separate zone to try those kinds of config options out. 

If the config options you want to try are not zone-specific, you can backup your library as a whole before making the changes, and then restore the old library.  Virtually all settings are stored in a library backup.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 03:07:27 pm »

Another approach to this is to make a Library Clone.  File > Library > Library Manager.  Select a library on the left, the use the Clone Library tool.  You can then switch to this library and do changes there to test them.

The only gotcha might be if you are planning on changing or deleting file tags.  If your library is set up to write Library changes to File Tags, then those would get written to your media files, which is probably not what you want.  Otherwise, if it's just settings, you should be ok to experiment in a Library Clone I would think.  Though I have to be honest and say that I haven't personally tried this, so it's just an untested idea.

Brian.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 05:39:29 pm »

Best way is definitely a Library Backup:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Backup

This saves all settings you might possibly care about.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up