INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Zones" for speaker vs. headphone on same DAC  (Read 3102 times)

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
"Zones" for speaker vs. headphone on same DAC
« on: July 28, 2015, 01:13:43 pm »

Any tips on setting up different DSP settings which I can easily switch between when changing from headphone to speakers? Headphone amp and speaker amps are fed off the same DAC.

Would also be brilliant to be able to setup zones for separate DSP settings for syncing playlists to different DAP's.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of sarcasm known to the State of California to cause irritation.

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: "Zones" for speaker vs. headphone on same DAC
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 03:50:44 pm »

Are you looking at advice about setting up ZoneSwitch to switch automatically ?

OR are you looking for different DSP settings for headphones vs speakers ?

You can find either by searching the Forum, but I'm sure people will also be glad to answer specifically worded questions.

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 05:53:04 pm »

Looking to have different DSP profiles that I can switch between depending on whether I am using headphones or speakers. Same DAC different amps. Doesn't need to be automatic but looking for "one click" to switch between them.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of sarcasm known to the State of California to cause irritation.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 07:25:21 pm »

It sounds like you just need to create a second zone.  Almost all DSP settings are zone specific, and once you've set up your zones it's really only one click to change them.  Have you tried it?

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 09:51:44 pm »

Thanks - I have it setup and working this way. Seems to do the job. Just thought there must be others with same setup who might have more elegant ways of setting up. I'm finding "hidden" features all the time so didn't want to assume I had found the best way to manage this.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 08:01:35 am »

Thanks - I have it setup and working this way. Seems to do the job. Just thought there must be others with same setup who might have more elegant ways of setting up. I'm finding "hidden" features all the time so didn't want to assume I had found the best way to manage this.

The main automation available is in zoneswitch, but that likely won't be too helpful for your use case.  I guess it might be helpful if you could explain what you find limiting or inelegant about the current functionality?  I'm not sure I understand what specific problem you're trying to solve (that isn't already solved by having two separate zones).
Pages: [1]   Go Up