INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art problem with CD's  (Read 1578 times)

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
Cover art problem with CD's
« on: July 28, 2015, 10:09:20 pm »

I rip my CDs using dBpoweramp. While dBpoweramp is bringing in all cover art, except for the rarest oddball CDs, when I open MC20 to play the music,  the cover art is missing on 75% of my CDs and all I see is an image of an 1/8 note. What settings in MC20 should I work with to resolve this issue?

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: 75% of cover art is missing
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 07:32:57 am »

It depends on where dBpoweramp saves the cover art.  Does it save it in the file, or next to it as an image file? 
You could try right clicking on the songs in question and going to Cover Art > Quick Find in File/Cover Art Directory.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 08:24:51 am »

Keep in mind also that (even if the art is embedded in the tracks itself) it may take a while for MC to extract the art and to build its own thumbnail images; especially if you imported a lot of tracks in one go.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 02:35:54 pm »

Thank you! You guys seem to have performed some kind of distance healing.  ;D When I just re-opened MC20, only about 10% of the cover art is now missing and most of this is from uncommon CDs. I have re-opened MC20 numerous times over several months and never got any result like this. Most of the discs were recorded 1-2 mos. ago, so MC20 had plenty of time to build thumbnails. I just tried right-clicking and using Quick Find in File, Rebuild Thumbnail and Get from Internet, but none pulled in any cover art on these problem discs. I know there are some software apps to find cover art. Which one(s) do you recommend?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 09:11:05 pm »

Right Click the track in MC, Cover Art>get from Internet

It usually works pretty good, the weirdest stuff I have to manually do
Pages: [1]   Go Up