INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Makemusic Finale 2014 and JRiver  (Read 3803 times)

XR_Racer

Makemusic Finale 2014 and JRiver
« on: July 30, 2015, 02:05:07 pm »

Each time I open MakeMusic's Finale 2014, JRiver Media 20 opens.  ASV is the autosave file extension for Finale mus is the default file extension with bak the extension for auto backup files.  I checked and didn't seem to see any reference to any of these files extensions in the "options", "file extensions" in JRiver.  Any thoughts on what might be causing this program to start when I am trying to work in Finale 2014?

Thanks,

Alan

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Makemusic Finale 2014 and JRiver
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 02:08:27 pm »

Just a guess, but you could try disabling the JRiver ASIO Driver.  [Options > General > Features > uncheck ASIO Driver]
You may need to restart.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

XR_Racer

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 10:30:52 am »

Just a guess, but you could try disabling the JRiver ASIO Driver.  [Options > General > Features > uncheck ASIO Driver]
You may need to restart.

Good thought, but that didn't do it.  Sorry.  Any other thoughts?

MRH

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 12:36:11 pm »

I realize this is a very old thread, but I just ran into this problem today while installing the newest version of Finale (26.2) and found a resolution it, so posting in hopes of helping out other poor souls searching Google like I was :)

It's the MIDI setup in finale that is firing up JRiver.   In Finale, go to MIDI/Audio, Audio Setup and under Audio Driver, select ASIO and clear the check-box to the right that says "Enabled".  When I do that I get an error popup but click OK to dismiss it.   Then click OK on the Audio Setup box.  Close Finale and when you reopen, the audio driver should default to something other than ASIO (in my case it's DirectSound) and JRiver won't start.

Hope this helps someone!

M.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up