INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename, Move & Copy Files BUG!  (Read 1178 times)

zendoo

• Recent member
Rename, Move & Copy Files BUG!
« on: July 31, 2015, 11:42:50 am »

My files are being moved but they are not renamed. So if I have a movie with 3 subtitle files and an image file in the origin folder that looks like this:

Casablanca.avi
Casablanca.en.srt
Casablanca.pb.srt
Casablanca.es.srt
Casablanca.jpg
Casablanca_avi_JRSidecar.xml

And I edit the file properties to call the movie Casablanca 3D and add a country and a language and tell Mediacenter to rename the file as [Name] ([Country], [Language]) the files in the target folder will look like this:

Casablanca 3D (United States, English).avi
Casablanca.en.srt
Casablanca.es.srt
Casablanca.pb.srt
Casablanca.jpg
Casablanca_avi_JRSidecar.xml

This results in a missing cover art in Mediacenter and "lost" subtitles and sidecar file. The files copied along with the movie file become useless this way :(
Please fix this! THANKS :)!

And also, something I requested a few times before. Please rename these subtitles files and move them with the movie. It worked before with a subtitle file that had the exact same filename as the movie, but this obviously doesn't work with more than one subtitle file. So please make the subtitle files with a language indicator (which is quite standard I would say) move with the movie file and get renamed according to the renaming of the movie, retaining the language indicator after the dot.

So obviously the target folder should look like this:

Casablanca 3D (United States, English).avi

Casablanca 3D (United States, English).en.srt

Casablanca 3D (United States, English).es.srt

Casablanca 3D (United States, English).pb.srt

Casablanca 3D (United States, English).jpg

Casablanca 3D (United States, English)_avi_JRSidecar.xml

Thanks for all your great work. Loving Mediacenter more than any other software and just updated to JRMC20. If you keep fixing bugs I will keep paying for updates :)!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Rename, Move & Copy Files BUG!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 12:01:50 pm »

Is the "Move all Files in Folder" checkbox checked?
Pages: [1]   Go Up