INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No available tv tuner is available  (Read 6225 times)

rjtt64

• Recent member
No available tv tuner is available
« on: July 31, 2015, 01:17:31 pm »

Hello

I posted this on someone elses thread but didn't hear anything so I repost here
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99000.0

I have a 2 client 1 server set up. All win 8 64. I have 2 tv cards on the server and then I started getting no tv tuner found when calling from all clients, although clients could access recorded tv, video, music etc and playing the tv on the server is just fine. I'm running version 20.0.131.

I've logged the problem and notice this ws call fails 38310813: 4640: Reader: CWinINetReader::Open: ConnectToURL failed, m_bConnectError=true, URL=http://192.168.1.10:52199/MCWS/v1/Television/GetPlayerServingChannel?Channel=1474536&Zone=0&ZoneType=id

I've enclosed the client and server logs

This was working fine, just wondered if anyone has any ideas, any other debugging info I can get?

TIA

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: No available tv tuner is available
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 02:21:05 pm »

In Standard View, go to Television >TV Options> Advanced > Show Status. Are the tuners shown? If yes, do they say "Idle" or perhaps have nothing showing?

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 03:16:41 am »

I also have this problem and Yaobing is aware of the issue. For some reason since 200115 MC doesn't always see all your tuners and often comes up with NO TV tuner available when clearly there are 4.
On the latest build 200132 it appears (at least on my system) that if i set a recording from the guide and then tried to set for example 2 other programmes recording at the same time MC doesnt try to use the other tuners just aborts the other recording.
Another issue in the latest build if i am on my client it refuses to use any tuners and says No TV tuner available.

I have gone back to the build below that isn't broken and seems to work with all my tuners and clients

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200115.exe

Adcom

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 04:58:11 am »

Hello,

Same problem here, 200115 is OK but 200130 & 200132 randomly fails with no tuners available. Restarting MC, sees the tuners, gone back to 200115 until the issue is resolved.

Mike

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 06:14:32 am »

This happens to me - but not often.
When it does, I open Television>TV Options>General, and I go to "Manage Devices". The tuners are (at least for me) always all listed there and then just clicking on Configure (without doing anything else) will then fix the problem.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 07:21:25 am »

The pain is shared over my way. Refer here for my findings:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99000.msg686263#msg686263
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 09:54:08 am »

i have gone back to  200115 for the time being as i want access to all my tuners without this problem.

Interestingly the latest build has broken something else. If i try to use a client pc that now does not see any tuners neither.

Yaobing what ever was changed between 118 and now has severely disrupted our tv features of JRiver. Anything we can do to help.... logs etc let us know.

thanks

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 11:27:03 am »

Maybe the issue is specific to certain tuner cards. I'm not having a problem with my Hauppauge HVR-2250 and Q950.

rjtt64

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 02:31:01 pm »

Hi

In Standard View, go to Television >TV Options> Advanced > Show Status. Are the tuners shown? If yes, do they say "Idle" or perhaps have nothing showing?

Thanks for the reply. The four TV cards (2 hybrids)  on the server are idle bar one as per enclosed screen shot, but I can play TV on the server just fine, its the connection from the client that fails

My TV Cards are Haupagge 4400 btw

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 03:05:39 pm »

Just out of interest to see if your problem is the same as mine have you tried (using latest build) to record 4 channels simultaneously?
the only reason I ask is sometimes when the client cannot access the tuners I also cannot use all tuners on my server

rjtt64

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 01:27:56 pm »

Just out of interest to see if your problem is the same as mine have you tried (using latest build) to record 4 channels simultaneously?
the only reason I ask is sometimes when the client cannot access the tuners I also cannot use all tuners on my server

I could only get 2 working on server but they were fine, problem more I coudlnt find 4 channels 2 on the sat, 2 on the ota, but looks fine

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 03:01:17 am »

have you tried MC21 ? i still have the same issue do you?

rjtt64

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 04:20:36 am »

have you tried MC21 ? i still have the same issue do you?

I still have the same problem I was going to wait until MC 21 was stable before using it. I've moved onto MediaPortal until the client\server TV is fixed in MC. Really hope it would be fixed in MC 21

Best...

willrbaar

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 03:48:31 pm »

I had this problem and it appears I have fixed it.  I was using a trial version of MC20, but I am also trying out MC21.  I did a small test to see if MC21 would record 4 tuners, and I reordered the ranking of the tuners under the managed devices of TV options prior to the test.  Only one tuner would record, but it appeared that two tuners were trying to record the same channel.  I assumed that MC20 was clashing with MC21, so I uninstalled MC20.  That fixed the problem.  Could some of the above issues be related to old installed copies of MC or files?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 05:40:05 pm »

MC20 would interfere with MC21 in TV recording if it (or its version of Media Server) runs simultaneously with MC21.  Other applications trying to access a TV tuner could also be the cause, such as WMC.  So you need to make sure WMC is not running.  Please note that WMC runs TV recording in a service application.  So you need to make sure such services are all stopped.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up