INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upgraded to 21. went flawless except upon reboot windows cannot find mc20.exe?  (Read 1922 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

any ideas on how to get mc20.exe windows error from popping up upon reboot?
21 loads fine, works fine but keep getting a mc20 error (which i uninstalled)
I tried reinstalling 20 then uninstalling then rebooted...same error upon reboot.

Thanks

RD James

I guess you had Media Server configured to start up on boot or something.
Quickest thing would be to remove it with Autoruns: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

HTPC4ME

ty for reply, but no go... it does not show up in autoruns.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Did you reinstall MC20, turn off Media Server and other start items, and then uninstall it? Note that you must run MC20 before uninstalling it, if you have already installed MC21, so that MC20 can register its components again, and therefore remove them. MC21 will then re-register its components next time you run it.

If so, check the Windows Task Scheduler for any MC20 related tasks, and delete them if you find any. Also run msconfig.exe and check if there are any MC20 start-up items or services, and turn them off. (Though Autoruns should have found them.) If msconfig.exe shows MC20 start-up or service items, then you probably have some left over MC20 stuff in the Registry. You may want to find and delete those.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

HTPC4ME

i figured it out (last few posts) http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46403.200
Reason i got confused again is because i ended up getting sidebar gadget (MC20.exe) to work on Version 20... and i forgot I had this problem last version as well,  now if I can just remember what i did to get it working. LOL

Thanks and sorry for wasting your guys time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up