INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IRule and Webplay problem  (Read 3392 times)

willrbaar

• Junior Woodchuck
IRule and Webplay problem
« on: August 05, 2015, 11:54:47 am »

I am trying to use Irule on my Ipad to create a panel with a Webplay interface.  I have used an article on the irule support site to set up this interface.  The article can be found at http://Http://irule.desk.com/customers/portal/articles/1777650.  The article is called JRiver URL Widget.  The implementation works to a point.  The WebGizmo page shows up in the irule panel.  I input the Access Key as requested, and the little wheel just spins.  Nothing happens.  If I use Safari and follow the irule instructions, i.e. input the supplied URL, then it works.  Getting frustrated!  I used JRemote on the Ipad for awhile, could this have caused a problem?  I have attached a log file with at least 3 attempts to attach.

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
Re: IRule and Webplay problem
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 06:10:53 pm »

I use iRule and WebGizmo on several different devices without issue.  (I have other issues with iRule but not WebGizmo related)

I have it running on both an iPad as well as several different Android devices - Also using JRemote so I doubt it is related to that.

Might be device specific?  What device are you trying to do this on?

willrbaar

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 09:46:28 am »

Thanks for the feedback winooutwest.  My wife is the winoouteast.  Are you calling web gizmo from within irule? And what version of media center are you running?

The problem seems to be between irule on my iPad and media center 20 on a PC.  I can successfully get to the point on my irule/iPad where the web gizmo page shows up asking for the access key and whether an inside or outside connection.  I enter the requested information and that is when the hang up occurs.  I am not getting back from web gizmo the pop up asking for user id and password.  If I go through the steps in Safari, then everything works ok.  I have tried many things, but nothing seems to correct this interface issue.

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 10:36:19 am »

I am using MC20 and yes I am calling webgizmo from within iRule.

I don't use the access key though in my URL - instead I use a static IP address on the PC and so my Webgizmo address is programmed to that PC and with the username and password embedded in the URL so that I don't have to enter that.  I also use an URL that takes me directly to playing now on the iPad.  On some other devices I have it programmed to the WebGizmo home page.
Here is my URL:
http://username:pswd@192.168.2.220:52199/Gizmo/playingnow.html

The iPad in question is permanently mounted in the kitchen so I have no use for it outside my network.

willrbaar

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 10:05:55 am »

WinoOutWest:  I used your link method and it worked perfectly.  Thanks.  The frustration with computers.

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 10:40:18 am »

Glad you got it working....

Yes - I think we all have this Love/Hate relationship with our computers. 

Cheers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up