INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assistance please. My MC20 (Linux) will not import some music files  (Read 3784 times)

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

I have a weird problem and not sure where to put it. I am running Linux Mint Debian Edition 2 (Betsy) on my HP Envy computer which has a quad core AMD with 12 Gigs of RAM and 1 2 TiB HDD. It is currently partitioned to run 3 different OS's. 500 Gigs for Windows 8.1 (rarely used, but it came with the computer), Linux Mint Debian 1 (Keeping as I am moving files from it into my chief OS, LMDE 2 (Betsy) used 99+% of the time.

MY PROBLEM: MC20 will not import all of my music files on LMDE 2 (Betsy). All of my music files are either MP3 or Ogg Vorbis and in my Music folder. 

Here's the rub:
1) I also have the very old J River Media Jukebox 8.400 running on all 3 partitions, and it works on Linux Mint distros pretty well.
2) MC20 (Linus) imports and plays perfectly on LMDE 1
3) MC 19 does the same on Windows 8.1
4) These files are also imported and played with the Banshee jukebox on both Linux distros.

Suggestions as to how to import these files into MC 20 (Linux) into LMDE 2 (Betsy) would be appreciated.
Thanks,
tlcmd

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Assistance please. My MC20 (Linux) will not import some music files
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 09:41:06 pm »

I'm having a difficult time understanding your setup (for example, what partition are the music files even on?), but my guess is that this is probably a file permissions issue.

Have you checked the permissions for the files that won't import?  It may not be enough to have the same user name, if you brought the files over from another installation that had a different UID number, your current user may not have the necessary permissions. 

If that's the issue, try chowning them all to your current user and see if that helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up