INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install Problem  (Read 1990 times)

jocar37

• Recent member
Install Problem
« on: August 07, 2015, 06:09:11 am »

Help!!!  I'm an absolute newbie and I am having several problems with installation.  Responding to an email a couple weeks ago, I purchased MC 21 and then got an email that thanked me for my purchase of MC 21.

1. Even though I was thanked for purchasing MC 21, when I look in All Programs, MC 20 is all that is listed.  Why does the email show 21, but my computer shows 20?  If I do have 20 when I should have gotten 21, how do I change - without paying for an upgrade when it seems I shouldn't have gotten 20 in the first place.

2. A "Welcome" window opened up on my computer after installing JRiver that said:
    "A license for your JRiver software has been automatically installed. You will see instructions for installing it on other computers in a separate browser window (probably behind this one). To save it, right click on the link and use the "Save As" option."

I could find no "other browser," behind the Welcome window or otherwise, and have been unable to locate instructions anywhere that I could clearly identify to give me instructions for installing on other computers.

Since I couldn't find the "other browser" I am still completely in the dark about how to install JRiver on other computers.  I would have thought that all I needed to do would be to download JRiver and insert my Registration Code.  But that doesn't seem to be the case.   

3.  The email thanking me for my purchase talked about needing an install key after 14 days.  Is the install key different from the Registration Code?  I saw nothing that explained any difference, and the only code/key I did see was the Registration Code in that email.  But since different titles are used, it sounds like there are different codes/keys involved.  If it is different, how do I locate it on my computer -particularly since the "other browser" apparently never opened?

Can someone please tell me why I seem to have MC 20 instead of 21 despite what my thank you email said,, whether there's a difference between Registration Code and Installation Key and how to find the Key, and how to install MC on other computers.

I left on vacation just after I downloaded JRiver- whichever version I  got! - and tomorrow is 14 days.  I'd really like to get these issues resolved before I run into more problems trying to figure out how to get another install key, particularly since I can't even find the first one.

Sorry if this is not the right place to post these questions, but this was the MC 21 thread I saw.  I've tried to find answers to my questions elsewhere. Maybe I just don't know where/how to look, so excuse me if they're prominently posted and I just can't find them.  However, I do find it hard to understand why I can't find them if they are in fact prominently posted/explained somewhere, or why they weren't spelled out better in my email or "Welcome" browser message.  Sorry- just frustrated trying to get going here.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Install Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 06:24:45 am »

Please download and install here:

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210002.exe

Our wiki has a topic on "Restoring a License".

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 06:39:49 am »

Have you read this "sticky" post? all your questions are answered or linked to from here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98869.0

You purchased version 21 befor it existed (it been public for only 2 days or so).  At the end of each development cycle you get to use the last version also (version 20) until the new one is available . So if you have set up version 20 leave it on your machine for now, download and install version 21 (current version at the top of this board) - it will auto port your setttings and library. You need a file which by clicking ti will unlock the licenses ... these files last 14 days so you can use them on multiple installs. You can download 10 per year (called restores) ... just download a new one
edit: oops Jim beat me to it as usual

jocar37

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 01:07:31 pm »

Thanks JimH and Arindelle.  I've downloaded 21 to my 2 other computers.  I'm going to read up more this weekend and start playing!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up