INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New server setup  (Read 1454 times)

yoyo09

• Recent member
New server setup
« on: August 07, 2015, 08:29:24 am »

I I currently own an HTPC with mc20 and live tv working great. However, I decided to build a server and 2nd HTPC.  My live tv consist of a Colossus card and stb. I understand live tv must be configured on the server because the guide will be shared. My question is, if one of the HTPC's has a similar setup will the local setup will then be used? By setup I mean the same card, blaster and stb. Thanks in advance.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New server setup
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 08:56:22 am »

This question has come up before - so I'll try to answer it for you.

If you have a Server and a Client setup (the normal setup to share media from the Server) the Client will be unaware of any tuners/cards that it may have. The Client can only use its owner tuners/cards if it run as a stand-alone (not connected to the other Server) and in that case you can't share media from the other computer.

So basically, the Client is just a "dumb terminal" regardless of the actual hardware installed on it.

yoyo09

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 09:46:57 am »

Thanks. But I was under the impression that under certain circumstances a local tuner would be used.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 10:27:30 am »

See this thread - I think it has more details that you are interested in. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97668.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up