INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio suddenly stopped [Solved]  (Read 1748 times)

1BusyDad

• Recent member
Audio suddenly stopped [Solved]
« on: August 08, 2015, 01:31:48 am »

Hi All,
I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and everything was working fine.  I was playing music from the computer through USB cable to a Teac UD-501 to my stereo system, when suddenly the audio stopped.  So far I've downloaded JRiver and the Teac driver.  A pop up window said that the driver was working properly.  Music plays through the computer speakers, even with the USB cable attached whereas before it didn't.  I was hoping someone might be able to suggest some other steps I could take to fix this.  Could the problem be the USB cable?  Are they really prone to failure?  I haven't used it that much.  Less than 50 hours.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Audio suddenly stopped
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 01:42:02 am »

right click the icon for 10's sound control on the task bar by the clock, select playback devices and make sure that the right device is selected..also check the same setting in MC

it is possible the cable is bad...bending and twisting they can break...
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

1BusyDad

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 01:49:52 am »

Thank you TAO!  I actually got it to work, but unfortunately I'm not exactly sure what I did.  I tried changing some settings in the DSP Studio and now all seems right in the world.  I'm not sure if what I did is the convoluted path that you suggested.  As you can tell, I'm not very adept with new technology.  Thanks again!!

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 01:54:06 am »

glad to hear you got it going ....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up