INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyboard shortcut for 'Last Channel'  (Read 4952 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Keyboard shortcut for 'Last Channel'
« on: October 20, 2014, 06:03:32 pm »

Is there a keyboard shortcut for last channel...in other words, if I was watching channel 2, then went to channel 1013, is there some combination of keys that I can press that would take me right back to channel 2?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Keyboard shortcut for 'Last Channel'
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 07:14:20 pm »

On my Logitech remote there is a "Prev" ( for previous ) button that worked with my old Topfield PVR in exactly the way you describe. However, there is no "previous" function in the Logitech MCE definitions, even the extended definitions, so that button is mapped to the "Back" function in MC.

There is a MC Core Command, 10004, "MCC_PREVIOUS" that may do what you wish, if you can work out how to send that command using Event Ghost.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 07:26:08 pm »

sending the command is no issue (I use other MCC commands)...can someone confirm that this command does what I wish?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 09:19:04 am »

I think MCC_PREVIOUS is for "Previous channel", the same as channel down key or the Previous button, not "previously played channel".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 06:09:12 pm »

10026 MCC_PLAY_PREVIOUS_PLAYLIST   while a TV broadcast is playing?

I suspect you are going to have to try some commands to see what they do muzicman.

Yaobing, is the previously watched channel stored anywhere in MC?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 06:17:09 pm »

Even if I find a command that works, I am not sure if I can differentiate between video playing, and the guide in Event Ghost...I will have to see...so far, I have only used it to see if JRiver is actually running.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 07:20:08 pm »

sorry...that last comment made no sense...I was getting my issues confused!!!!

I will try that mcc command and report back...

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 07:26:36 pm »

that was a no go...it jumped back to playing an audio file instead of changing the tv channel to the last played.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 07:30:19 pm »

10026 MCC_PLAY_PREVIOUS_PLAYLIST   while a TV broadcast is playing?

I suspect you are going to have to try some commands to see what they do muzicman.

Yaobing, is the previously watched channel stored anywhere in MC?
There is a registry setting for the last TV channel played, but it is empty on my client, but is populated on the server.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 08:26:00 pm »

If there is a registry setting then there should be a variable available, or the setting must be readable. I have to assume that the registry value is just there so that the information survives between MC sessions and over reboots. I also assume that there is a way to look up all the fields/variables in the database, but I don't know what it is. Whether reading the value requires programming or not I have no idea.

If there is a variable available you could just program a button to change channel to whatever is in that variable, using the simple 30002 MCC_PLAY_TV command, or in your case as you are on a client, perhaps the 30022 MCC_PLAY_TV_CHANNEL_FOR_CLIENT command.

All you can do is try these commands, unless someone comes along and gives you the answer. I'm afraid that isn't going to be me. All I can do is guess.

Note: I did try to set up the "Live TV" button on my remote to start live TV on the same channel as I was previously watching, but I was told that while this used to be possible, it was no longer possible. See http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82413.msg561896#msg561896 The previous channel was no longer the default when Live TV was started, or more correctly a "0" was passed to the command and that no longer meant view the previous channel. You could try changing to channel "0" and see if it works now.

I didn't pursue it much after that, and just start Live TV on the first channel in my list. But that leads me to believe that the previous channel is recorded, it just isn't used as the default any more.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 10:35:07 am »

Sorry, I took a look and found that the registry stuff you guys found no longer works with the current system.

I will have to figure out a way of bringing it back, maybe adding a new MCC.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 10:36:18 am »

that would be great!  I don't need it very often, but it is handy when you do want it!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2015, 02:38:17 am »

A keyboard shortcut for "Previous Channel" has been added as of MC21.0.4. It is Ctrl+B.

Also, the "Live TV" remote button, which wasn't working for a while, is now fixed and;

The "Live TV" button is the "Previous Channel" button, both when TV isn't playing, and when it is playing. Couldn't ask for better.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2015, 09:18:26 am »

I haven't installed 21 yet (have the license, just not using it)...does the command work on a client, or just a server?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2015, 10:02:28 am »

I can't test with a remote on my client as I don't have an IR receiver on it. So it may.

But Ctrl-B doesn't appear to work on the client. Disappointing.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 10:03:37 am »

I would guess that if the keyboard shortcut doesn't work, then the remote won't work either...oh well.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 10:43:49 am »

I just tested it myself.  The remote button does not work on a client.  It keeps returning to the same channel, which I suspect is the channel last played when the machine was not a client.  This one might be an easy fix (hopefully!).  The key stroke is a little different (harder to implement).

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2015, 08:07:42 pm »

Would fixing the remote button functionality on a Client also fix the Ctrl+B functionality?

I find it a little frustrating that functions which work on the Server don't work on the Client. I need to start making a list of such issues, as I have hit them before, but can't recall specifics now. Keyboard shortcuts should work identically on a Server and a connected Client, I would have thought.
Pages: [1]   Go Up