INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Doctor II -- Start playing something, then be pleasantly surprised  (Read 2910 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Play Doctor has been around a couple of versions.  You can start playing anything in your library by right clicking and choosing "Play with Play Doctor".  It builds a big playlist by using what you've chosen as a suggestion.  It's as if you can tell a friend, "You know what I like.  Play Dinah Shore and some other stuff."  Or, you know, Amy Winehouse.

Doctor Who is headed toward something similar but more varied.  Right now, you can upload playlists and browse what other people have uploaded.  The reason we did that was in part to provide a backup for your playlists and an easy way to move them to another machine.  But it will also give use data we can mine to find out what artists often appear together.  By doing that, we hope to be able to predict other artists you might like.  We can also fill in music that you don't have by streaming it from our partner, MediaNet.

The goal is to be able to give you simple ways to play music you like but without asking  you to choose it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up