INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Requests  (Read 4493 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Requests
« on: July 08, 2015, 10:17:04 am »

We know that services like Youtube or Pandora are important to many of you.  We'll do our best to provide an assortment of choices.
Thanks!

Over the last couple of years, we've succeeded in porting the Windows version of JRiver Media Center to Linux and Mac.  We're now working on Android, though it will be a much simpler implementation, something similar to JRemote.  After that, we'll probably do iOS.  These apps will be sold separately from MC.
little more detail please... will this replace eos, gizmo, jremote, or will it be considered an additional app?

Hendrik

• Administrator
Requests
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 10:18:26 am »

little more detail please... will this replace eos, gizmo, jremote, or will it be considered an additional app?

Details will be revealed when we're closer to something solid. Its not going to replace Gizmo or JRemote. If you want to control or play from a remote MC server, those will remain good choices!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Requests
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 10:23:21 am »

It's not a replacement for the current remotes.  We hope we'll be able to make an audio player for Android.  It will play audio from the device itself, maybe video if we live long enough.

flac.rules

Requests
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 10:26:47 am »

Nice to hear. I like the focus on "Remote solutions" server/client and so on. It is an important part of the program, that has been steadily improved over the years, but still has room to grow. Kepp up the good work. Also the porting part seems nice, excited to see what it will bring. I haven't watched regular TV in almost a decade now, so others will probably be better at judging that :)

In general trends I personally would be grateful for changes like a general trend towards a bit more easy system for sending mcc-commands from "within the program", easier to make custom shortcuts and so on. In general a bit more flexibility and ease when it comes to giving commands and receiving them, internally in the program and to external programs (vague enough for you? :)). And also a bit more focus towards a more flexible and skinning-friendly interface(?)

JimH

• Administrator
Requests
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 10:30:47 am »

Please post feature requests in one of the existing threads for that.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
Requests
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 12:35:00 pm »

Any news on images for Linux/ Mac?

Theatre view for those will take time I know, but images are the one 'standard' item left missing.

-Leezer-

JimH

• Administrator
Requests
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 02:00:22 pm »

Any news on images for Linux/ Mac?
No news yet, but we haven't forgotten.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Requests
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 04:57:07 pm »

It's not a replacement for the current remotes.  We hope we'll be able to make an audio player for Android.  It will play audio from the device itself, maybe video if we live long enough.
A good "benchmark" is Neutron Music Player, which has 64-bit audio processing and other sound quality related features.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
Requests
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 05:07:25 pm »

Television:
Some love for DVB world at last? Subtitles support? Using same tuner to record multiple channels inside a mux?

TheColdOne

• Recent member
Requests
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 09:15:59 pm »

MC21 having support like DVB Dream does would be amazing...Make a better interface but be as feature rich and the competition is destroyed. JRiver will truly be an all-in-one media center... well, except for blu-ray with menus, but alas, but a dream ;)

EricFromSweden

Requests
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 03:53:45 am »

Hi, I am planning to get a license for version 21. I do not have any license yet. I should probably just wait for 21 to get released and then buy it.., or should I first buy 20 AND the upgrade for 21..? (so Q is: Will that make it more expensive..?)
Thanks

Hendrik

• Administrator
Requests
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 03:56:41 am »

Hi, I am planning to get a license for version 21. I do not have any license yet. I should probably just wait for 21 to get released and then buy it.., or should I first buy 20 AND the upgrade for 21..? (so Q is: Will that make it more expensive..?)
Thanks

You cannot buy a 20 license anymore, if you buy a new license now, it'll be valid for both 20 and 21.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mobiaus

Requests
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 04:39:01 am »

Hi Jim,

Give the Android community 24 bit audio and DSD support on their Android 5.x devices (smart phones and Android Media players) and you will be everyone's hero.

This functionality is sadly lacking in the Android community. There are technical OS reasons for this failing which are well documented ... with an attempt to address this in Android 5.

WXB

Requests
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 05:05:41 am »

I tried MC20 over an extended period last year but eventually decided to stick with what I was previously using (foobar2000).  For some reason I have a faint memory of buying a license since I went well over the trial period but that could be a false memory.  I apparently deleted all traces of the software so there's no license info that I can find.  

I received an email today regarding the pre-order offer for the upgrade to MC21 so I thought that I might give the new version another try.  Unfortunately, it seems that the new version will be implemented over time which makes it difficult if not impossible to evaluate it within the 30 day trial period.

My questions are:

1 - Is there a way to determine if I actually bought a MC20 license?
2 - Will there be an extended trial period that will allow me to evaluate new features as they're released over time?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
Requests
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 07:04:23 am »

1 - Is there a way to determine if I actually bought a MC20 license?
2 - Will there be an extended trial period that will allow me to evaluate new features as they're released over time?
Start at the "Support" link above and go to the Restore Page.  Enter your e-mail there to receive your license.

Your trial may be ended.

BillT

• World Citizen
Requests
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 08:23:46 am »

Television:
Using same tuner to record multiple channels inside a mux?

I'd vote for that. Tried MC for broadcast TV recording a couple of times; it was slow and clunky, but the killer was not having this facility.

Currently using NPVR for recording with MC watching the recording folders and used for replay, but it would be nicer to use MC for recording as well.

JimH

• Administrator
Requests
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 08:38:09 am »

For license questions, please read the first post in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98538.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up