INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPG with mc2xml and auto  (Read 3524 times)

gomjabar

• Recent member
EPG with mc2xml and auto
« on: August 09, 2015, 04:35:59 am »

channels I match with mc2xml show up in my guide fine but only half are found.  Like whio-dt but none of the sub channels like whio-dt2 are being found.  The 'auto' option has all of the channels to match but the ones I select there are not showing up in the guide.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: EPG with mc2xml and auto
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 06:11:42 am »

If the channel is not detected during the scan it will not show in the guide. Did you try running the "thorough/slow scan" (the box at the bottom is "checked") to see if those missing channels are detected?

gomjabar

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 08:07:29 am »

its detecting the channel from the tuner, but when I go to match the found channel with the guide epg channel its not showing up.  this only happens when im using the guide source 'auto'.  The epg data from mc2xml is working but there just isnt enough data from mc2xml.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 09:00:57 am »

Are you saying that the channel is detected, but you can't "manually" match the channel to the xml guide data?
Is this the page your talking about?

The Auto Match doesn't work (at least for me) to match all the channels, there are many that need to be done manually ( the "click here to configure" step).
I have also come across a few channels where there is no epg data to match it to. Foe example I will have a channel 43.1, 43.2, 43.3 where there is no data for 43.1 but the other two subchannels have data. If this is what your seeing, that is a problem with the epg source. You could try a different source.

I'm not sure where the guide data is set to "Auto". Can you explain what step this is in the setup procedure?
Is this the step your referring to?

gomjabar

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 09:26:42 am »

yes these are the steps im having trouble with.  in the second photo on the left under the column 'guide mode' I have two things:  mc2xml and auto.  mc2xml will find some of the channels to match with and the ones it finds show up in the guide.   'auto' on the other hand will find and match all of the channels I need.  but when I set up my epg with 'auto' none of the matched channels will show up in my guide.  Im using theater view if that helps.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 09:50:29 am »

Are you using MC21?  The old version of mc2xml won't work anymore in MC20 or earlier.  You can read the EPG threads on the TV board to find out more.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 09:52:12 am »

The channel matching (black box) comes first - that's where you need/should to get everything to match.
mc2xml is the electronic guide data coming from Microsoft. That is supposed to be the "good guide data".

I suppose it depends on where you live and the type of tv tuner (OTA, cablecard, etc.) you are using. I don't even bother with the Auto (which uses OTA broadcast info  in my case, and would correspond to the first "Auto" shown) anymore since the new mc2xml was added for MC21.

BTW - these are just screen shots from the Wiki.
Pages: [1]   Go Up