INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash when surfing Live TV  (Read 2593 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Crash when surfing Live TV
« on: August 09, 2015, 11:53:38 am »

I've been playing around with live TV this weekend and had a couple of crashes.

What I think is happening, is that I if I don't hit the "stop" button first when changing channels and I hit the "Guide button" and then select a new channel, while the original channel is still playing in the background that causes a crash when the new channel tries to open.

I think it would be desirable to have MC issue a stop command prior to a channel change command.

Attached are the logs including a crash dump. I hope these logs provide some clues.
_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________
PS. You do not need to respond back to me. I only provide these logs in case there is something in them will help make MC a better program.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Crash when surfing Live TV
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 06:20:03 am »

What I think is happening, is that I if I don't hit the "stop" button first when changing channels and I hit the "Guide button" and then select a new channel, while the original channel is still playing in the background that causes a crash when the new channel tries to open.

FWIW I do that sort of thing all the time in Theatre View with no issues at all, on the MC server HTPC.

A stop before changing channel probably wouldn't do any harm, and might help with some tuners. It may slow the process a little though.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 08:21:42 am »

Usually it's not a problem - but this time something went wrong.

Sometimes changes/upgrades, made in one area of JRiver result in something unexpected elsewhere. So I captured a log (with crash dmp) for JRiver in case it offers anything useful.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 08:30:06 am »

Here's another crash. Repeatable. Every time I open Live TV and then hit the Stop button, MC21 crashes. I captured several Logs - attached is the shortest.
This is on the MC Server machine (my previous post was about a different crash on a Client).

Can't attach a Log - MC says file is too big! E-mailed to Yaobing (sorry Yaobing).

Seriously, this file size cap needs to be increased. My Log is about "two minutes of running" MC from a log that was just reset. it's 788KB.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 10:51:17 pm »

Seriously, this file size cap needs to be increased. My Log is about "two minutes of running" MC from a log that was just reset. it's 788KB.

Attachments in a forum typically stay there forever, unless an Administrator comes along and cleans up. Emails can be received, read, and deleted.

Image the forum storage requirements if all log files were attached to posts and all attachments were retained forever!  :o

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 06:13:34 am »

The problem with sending by e-mail is that only one person gets the Log (and unless someone specifically asks for the Log, who gets it?) - and there may be others who are interested, and/or capable of deciphering what went wrong.

I don't know about the forum's storage capabilities. If space is an issue, perhaps the Mods could go back to the older MC forums and delete/cleanup any attachments over there to regain some space.

Increasing the max attachment to 1,000KB would be useful IMO.
Pages: [1]   Go Up