INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import Questions  (Read 1835 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Auto Import Questions
« on: August 10, 2015, 11:37:03 pm »

Trying to use Auto Import for the first time, and it is not working as expected. I was expecting that I would define a folder for it to auto import, MC would automatically import files in that folder, and not touch anything else. What is actually happening is:

The files in that folder are not automatically importing (and yes background refresh is checked on in options). Unless I manually run the auto import process, nothing ever seems to get imported. What triggers the auto import and how often does it actually run?

When I manually run the process, or make changes to the settings, auto import runs on the selected folder and then proceeds to do things to all of my files that are not in that folder such as auto TV/Movie information lookup, audio analysis, and other unspecified changes (just 'files have been updated'). In the one folder that I have set to auto import, I currently have less than 20 files. The last time auto import ran it made unspecified changes to 44 files, none of which were in that location. Is it normal for auto import to make changes to files not in the defined folders?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: Auto Import Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 02:27:07 pm »

i have these options (screenshot) enabled in auto import

i've NEVER had MC import anything i didn't ask it, and it's NEVER made changes to any files without my asking.  i can only think you must have a setting checked or something that is asking for the work to be done?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 03:19:07 pm »

i have these options (screenshot) enabled in auto import

i've NEVER had MC import anything i didn't ask it, and it's NEVER made changes to any files without my asking.  i can only think you must have a setting checked or something that is asking for the work to be done?

I have all of the check boxes checked, and it appears to be doing that stuff for everything in the library - not just the items that were auto-imported.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 04:10:59 pm »

When auto import runs (I.e. After you change a setting) it runs the checkboxes on all of the existing files that are auto imported

It should not run those boxes on items that are in the library, but excluded from the auto import locations

At least I think so, and I've set up my library this way (with some folders manually imported) and it hasn't buggered stuff on me yet
Pages: [1]   Go Up