INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone switch rules are being saved on a "per zone" basis in MC21  (Read 2671 times)

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

Installed MC21 and like a few others noticed that all the zone switch rules had not been carried over from MC20. So I duly recreated them on MC21, I then switched zones and lo and behold all the rules had disappeared again. After quite a bit of digging I have discovered that the rules are not being saved globally as in MC20 but on a per zone basis.
So if you create say Rule 1 and Rule 2 on Zone 1 and then switch to Zone 2 then there will not any rules showing in zone switch.
If you then create Rule 3 and Rule 4 whilst in Zone 2 and then switch back to Zone 1 you will only see Rule 1 and Rule 2 in zone switch.
MC21 is creating a Switch registry key under each zone (eg 10021/Switch) as opposed to just modifying the Global/Switch registry key.

Guess that explains why some folks thought it took a few goes to get the zone switch settings to stick.

Usual caveats about this being the behavior on my system: Windows 7 x64 MC21.0.2
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Zone switch rules are being saved on a "per zone" basis in MC21
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 03:52:42 am »

I experienced the the same, the rules disappeared. I haven't bothered yet to manually type them into MC21, awaiting some fix in later builds.

But, I cannot understand that storing the rules for each zone and not globally. That is not the way it was done in MC20? Or? At least I have always just typed in a global set of rules, and they work. If they are pr zone-based, wouldn't that create extra user work and a much higher possibility to get inconsistent behavior?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 10:01:30 am »

I can confirm that zoneswitch settings are currently zone-specific in MC21, but I'm not sure that change was intentional, and they do not function in a zone-specific way. 

I think the issue was introduced by adding the zoneswitch setting to the Audio section of Options. Almost all the settings in that grouping are zone-specific, so zoneswitch may have been inadvertently made zone-specific.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 10:06:14 am »

We're looking into it. Clearly ZoneSwitch cannot work with zone-specific settings, that wouldn't make any sense.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 10:19:50 am »

It should be fixed in the next build. It'll also resolve ZoneSwitch not finding its settings (since it wasn't looking in the right place), and hopefully any previous MC20 ZoneSwitch settings should just turn up again!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 03:04:54 pm »

It should be fixed in the next build. It'll also resolve ZoneSwitch not finding its settings (since it wasn't looking in the right place), and hopefully any previous MC20 ZoneSwitch settings should just turn up again!
Thanks Hendrik, typing in four sets of 5 rules for my 4 switched zones was a little tedious!
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

Trumpetguy

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 01:30:22 pm »

Thanks a lot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up