INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Route audio from JRiver to JACK  (Read 4467 times)

balky

• Junior Woodchuck
Route audio from JRiver to JACK
« on: August 12, 2015, 08:50:13 am »

Is this possible?

I have a native instrument Komplete audio 6 (USB) and I want to use the digital out interface...

JRiver sees the IEC958 interface but spits out the unable to play at 44.1 error message as soon as I try to play any file... I tried setting the DSP studio to re-sample to 48, 96 and 192 all without success...

JACK seems to see all the interfaces on Komplete audio, but I do not see the JACK plughw in JRiver...

Please help...

Thanks,

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Route audio from JRiver to JACK
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 10:44:56 am »

Is this possible?

I have a native instrument Komplete audio 6 (USB) and I want to use the digital out interface...

JRiver sees the IEC958 interface but spits out the unable to play at 44.1 error message as soon as I try to play any file... I tried setting the DSP studio to re-sample to 48, 96 and 192 all without success...

JACK seems to see all the interfaces on Komplete audio, but I do not see the JACK plughw in JRiver...

Please help...

Thanks,
JRiver only interfaces at the ALSA layer which is just above the hardware layer.
You can try /usr/lib/jriver/Media\ Center\ 20/alsacap
to see the ALSA interfaces on your machine and what they support for sample rates.

shokoladas

Re: Route audio from JRiver to JACK
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 10:35:16 am »

JRiver only interfaces at the ALSA layer which is just above the hardware layer.
You can try /usr/lib/jriver/Media\ Center\ 20/alsacap
to see the ALSA interfaces on your machine and what they support for sample rates.

Maybe it is possible to make jriver a jack aware program?  I can use asio2jack to work with jack,but in such way i have no possibility to use jriver as audio engine only. In example  windows users can use jriver as asio driver and route audio to and from jriver. Now i can't input audio to jriver for using its DSP features :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up