INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switched to 9.1, now problems burning  (Read 859 times)

dsevolve

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Switched to 9.1, now problems burning
« on: September 16, 2003, 11:11:15 am »

I recently upgraded to MC 9.1, however the "Decode files directly to CD" option is not available (i.e. it is grayed out and I am unable to check it).  It was available on MC 8 and 9.0 and I always used it simply to save time (I have a 4X writer on my laptop).  Now when I try to burn I get a "Command sequence error" after all my songs have been prepared and it attempts to write to the disc.  I reinstalled MC8, tried to burn with and without direct decode.  Without it, it failed giving an error message "04h 00h 04h" or something to that effect.  The direct decode burn was successful.  In the past I have successfully burned CD's in both modes with MC8 and 9.0.  In my attempts with 9.1 I tried to burn with "Apply crossfade and DSP..." checked since there is a "Decode directly" option that I CAN check there.  I didn't check any of the DSP effects (Eq., Regain, etc) though.  It still went through the process of preparing the files, for what, I don't know.  Once the write process began, I got the Command sequence error again. Ever since I upgraded to 9.1 I have not been able to burn, even at 2X.  I don't know if the install inadvertantly removed a necessary file or what.  Any suggestions?

FYI-I am running Windows XP Pro on a Compaq Presario notebook, 4X CD-RW.  Also, I have already disabled the XP burner capability, it had no effect.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Switched to 9.1, now problems burning
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 12:39:43 pm »

Could you post your system information (from MC's help menu)? Also, if you could send me a log file of the burning process I may be able to figure out what's going on. Below are the instructions for enabling logging.

Turn on MC's logging for CD burning by changing the value of this registry key from zero (0) to one (1):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Jukebox\CD Writer\Logger

Then just start up Media Center and try to burn a CD (you can leave test mode checked to avoid creating a coaster). Then exit MC and find a file in the MC program directory called "cdwriter.log" and email that to me. Remember that the log file is overwritten each time you start up MC, so you must send the file before restarting MC.

Thanks!
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
johnt @ jriver.com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up