INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audible Magic Licenses DSP Technology  (Read 978 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

modelmaker

Re: Audible Magic Licenses DSP Technology
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 07:55:16 pm »

http://www.audiblemagic.com/   "Content Alert lets corporate IT teams remotely examine PC hard drives for copyrighted multimedia content."

If they're able to identify material by it's musical content and get into peoples hard drives, isn't this an invasion of privacy? What about those of us that have that loaded our hard drives with music from LPs, DAT tapes etc.? I don't think I like where this heading. Big Brother is hovering too close.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 10:54:31 am »

Probably legal. The way I understand it this is for the IT people within large corporation, so they can check their own employe's media files. Which is understandable, since companies can get hit pretty hard if the employees download pirated stuff. You don't need to worry about your personal computer at home, they can't touch that, and anyway any firewall will be able to stop such attempts.

As for the rest, stopping P2P, good luck! I can't really see anything being created that isn't hacked by a clever 15 year old a week later.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 11:30:31 am »

As for the rest, stopping P2P, good luck! I can't really see anything being created that isn't hacked by a clever 15 year old a week later.

Or use workarounds. Maybe zip the mp3 first or use PGP fools the fingerprint sniffing  at p2p.
It's like the next round in an amateur boxing fight. Nobody really expects a ko but it's quite intresting to watch how's going on.
AC
Electricians do it 'til it Hz
Pages: [1]   Go Up