INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smart list / expression, match library to filename  (Read 2291 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Smart list / expression, match library to filename
« on: August 14, 2015, 02:50:34 pm »

Just finished tagging 15,000 files that had incomplete album issues (usually one bad track #)

My "mistake" was I got into a tagging groove, and fixed the library but didn't fix the actual files. 

The question-is there a way to compare the now perfect library to the imperfect file names so I can remember which files I need to fix with RMC?  In most cases the file names are track#-name.flac so I think I can parse that but in some cases there were no track #'s assigned to the filename...

Thanks for any tips.  In the meanwhile I have some ideas in gonna try when I get home

blgentry

Re: Smart list / expression, match library to filename
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 03:32:00 pm »

If the Library is "perfect" and the file names are "imperfect" that implies that you want the file names to match the perfect data that's in the library.

Which means you should run Rename on *all* of the files you have changed metadata on.  That way the file names will be standardized on the data that's in your library.

Is there some other concern that would keep you from running it on all 15,000 files?

Brian.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 05:55:21 pm »

Is there some other concern that would keep you from running it on all 15,000 files?

Yep. Rename, Move, and Copy Files will automatically not change any files that already match the selected template correctly (because that would be stupid).

More:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Rename,_Move,_and_Copy_Files
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 11:03:32 am »

...and of course there's always "regex to the rescue!" if you really want to evaluate file names.

Here's an expression I just cooked up.  I added it as an expression column called "fix me".  It's looking for a filename that starts with a number (0 through 9).  You could expand on this expression to make it more specific if that would be more helpful.

Code: [Select]
if(regex([filename (name)], /#^[0-9]#/,0,0), Good, Fix Me)
Brian.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 11:42:00 am »

Thanks guys

Thanks Blgentry for that regex, I like regex

I needed to find the 15,000 as they were my "test" moving to a new file structure so I don't want to run RMC on all files yet.  I ended up importing a (physical) backup made before the changes and running my smart list which found the 15,000 then split the views and started finding the changed files

So far so good! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up