INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 21.02 OTA Guide Not Working  (Read 4238 times)

klay

• Junior Woodchuck
21.02 OTA Guide Not Working
« on: August 14, 2015, 05:53:12 pm »

I am running Win 10.  I have reset, re-scanned my OTA settings.  They do not populate in the guide.  The one time they did, the three channels were from a different state.  Is this a bug or me?
Yours truly,
Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: 21.02 OTA Guide Not Working
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 09:25:13 pm »

I am running Win 10.  I have reset, re-scanned my OTA settings.  They do not populate in the guide.  The one time they did, the three channels were from a different state.  Is this a bug or me?
Which OTA Guide choice are you using ?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 06:27:30 am »

when you rescanned did you select mc2xml as the data source, and if yes, did the mc2xml popup box show where you then pick "Microsoft" and choose your data type (Broadcast OTA, Cable, etc.)? Did you get to that step?

klay

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 05:16:36 pm »

when you rescanned did you select mc2xml as the data source, and if yes, did the mc2xml popup box show where you then pick "Microsoft" and choose your data type (Broadcast OTA, Cable, etc.)? Did you get to that step?

I'm using OTA ATSC Hauppauge tuner and OTA guide just like I've used with WMC and then MC.  Even tried my SiliconDust this time.  It appears to be an anomaly with Win 10 as the guide went TU when I Win10'd the PC.  I tried your suggestion with mc2xml, thank you, and while the window popped up and it *looked* like it was doing something.....no guide was there.  I reset and rescanned several times.  And now...meh.  Its really not a big deal as I record one show daily.  I'll wait a few versions and see what happens.
Yours truly,

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 06:12:16 pm »

Should work. I'm on win10 and using the Hauppauge tuner card. It works for me so I would say it's not a Win10 issue (unless something didn't go right with the install).

When you go through the JRiver TV setup,  (1) first you scan for channels, then (2) you select an epg data capture method (like mc2xml), then (3) you select the source for the data (like Microsoft and Broadcast), and lastly (4) you match the channels to the EPG data (like channel 6.2 is WDBO-DT2).

How many of these steps completed?

klay

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 07:02:32 am »

Should work. I'm on win10 and using the Hauppauge tuner card. It works for me so I would say it's not a Win10 issue (unless something didn't go right with the install).

When you go through the JRiver TV setup,  (1) first you scan for channels, then (2) you select an epg data capture method (like mc2xml), then (3) you select the source for the data (like Microsoft and Broadcast), and lastly (4) you match the channels to the EPG data (like channel 6.2 is WDBO-DT2).

How many of these steps completed?

All steps and in combinations--and I think you're right.  Win10.  I'll be patient.  Thank you.
Yours truly,

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 05:56:00 pm »

Post back when you're ready to dig deeper into this.

racefacexc

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 06:52:11 pm »

I have tried to restore the OTA guide data a few times with no success.  Some google-fu turned up this. It's on a WMC forum but thought it could be the same issue at JRiver users are having if JRiver uses Microsoft EPG, or whatnot.

I don't know if the "solution" described at this link will work for JRiver or not but the information may allow a fix to be developed.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?p=93738&f=68#p93738

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 08:09:31 pm »

Klay, it sounds like you installed MC21, and then upgraded to Windows 10, correct?

If so, you must reinstall MC21 back over the top of your existing MC21, even if you reinstall the same version. That fixes all sorts of problems, and may fix your issues.

I don't know if the "solution" described at this link will work for JRiver or not but the information may allow a fix to be developed.

You will find lots of posts about that in these forums. The problem has been fixed with MC21, but will not be fixed with MC20 or earlier. Upgrade to MC21 and it will work.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

klay

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 05:22:39 pm »

Klay, it sounds like you installed MC21, and then upgraded to Windows 10, correct?

You will find lots of posts about that in these forums. The problem has been fixed with MC21, but will not be fixed with MC20 or earlier. Upgrade to MC21 and it will work.

Nope.  Did Win10, then read the posts and decided to wait on MC21.  Maybe I didn't wait long enough.
Yours truly,

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 06:57:24 pm »

Hmmm. Well, CountryBumkin is the expert on EPG via mc2xml in MC21, so when you are ready, throw more questions at him.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up