INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: recorded tv shows  (Read 1333 times)

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
recorded tv shows
« on: August 15, 2015, 07:24:52 am »

Hi all just trying the trial of jriver like the readable tv guide that other htpc frontends dont have. anyhow my question is this = (i have tv shows all setup and lovely , which were recorded with wmc , where i removed ads and so they are in a folder xena worrior princess (main folder) then season folder as i said all is great with jriver there, but when i record an new episode which was today (uk im in) @10 i have now two xena worrior princess which is season 6 how can i tell jriver to merge that recorded show with the others i already have?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: recorded tv shows
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 05:44:12 pm »

Welcome to the fun on the bus.

For future, you'll get the people with the TV smarts to help you quicker/more reliably if you post over on the TV board.

My suggestion is that you go to the top thread on that board and work through the Wiki links that are posted.

Then come back if you can't work out what to do and post a query.

MC's library and file handling capability is very powerful. The trick is to work inside MC so that your file and folder structure is known to the library. I file shows in this format:
     X:\Video TV\[Series]\Season [Season]\[Series] S[Season]E[Episode] [Name].vid file extension
You'll understand what this means, if you're across the Wiki entries mentioned. Feel free to use what works for you.

Once I've got the file loaded with the show metadata from thetvdb, I can then use F6 - Move, Rename to file the show according to my prefered filing structure. You can apply the same logic to audio, movies, whatever - the key is the metadata that you've got to work with and how crafty you want to get.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up