INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV failing on setup-Windows 10-HDHomeRun  (Read 3051 times)

timjacobson

TV failing on setup-Windows 10-HDHomeRun
« on: August 15, 2015, 05:15:37 pm »

Hi,
I am a brave soul and decided to upgrade to Windows 10 and have jriver 21 so that I can attempt to have TV recording.  After the Windows 10 upgrade- I am getting an error on the TV setup on the Scan Channels step- The error is Scanning failed. Details: Failed to build digital preview graph.

I have ran the HDHomeRun setup and have the View application working, though only after installing VLC- did I get video playback.

Any ideas or solutions to get past this?  Video settings set Red October Standard and no custom settings for playback, videos and recorded tv playing back fine in JRiver.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: TV failing on setup-Windows 10-HDHomeRun
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 08:10:28 pm »

Firewall conflicts are a classic set up hassle with MC and HDHR.

Make sure you've got the latest HDHR software/firmware and install it if you hadn't already. The install should pick up on firewall permissions. If it doesn't, you can go into the HDHR setup and opt for Advanced/Repair. That's not a bad trick to file away for later.

You could work through the MC TV setup again - always good to backup your library so you can restore your previous settings if something goes astray.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

timjacobson

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 10:51:06 pm »

Thanks for the tips! after repairing HDHR windows settings and setting up media center as allowed in the firewall (which was disabled overall) the TV setup worked.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 01:36:59 am »

Glad to hear you got yourself sorted.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up