INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to add custom URLs to "Gadgets" menu (for security cam video feeds)  (Read 3478 times)

DeaneG

• World Citizen

Is there any way to add a couple of web page URLs to the theater mode Gadgets menu?  I would like to be able to observe my security cameras' video feed pages within MC21's theater view, accessible by pressing buttons on the remote.  Or is there some existing mechanism that works within theater view?

I tried File->Open URL with "Add stream to Web Media" option checked. But I can't figure out how to play web media. Should it appear in the sources tree on the left pane of the display view?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Just Add > Webpage the items under Gadgets.  You might have to click Nest after you add them to nest them properly.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Matt's method (Options/Theatre View/Add) will use the default internet browser MC uses (Options/Tree & View/Web Browser, which may be different to your Windows default browser), and show the web page internally.

You can also specify a specific browser by linking to an external program, as per this post: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98130.msg678364#msg678364

PS: Search is your friend.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DeaneG

• World Citizen

Roderick and Matt, thanks very much. I checked the wiki and searched the forums but came up empty handed after 15 minutes or so.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Ah well. Yes, search is your friend, but sometimes he is a stingy friend, and doesn't share his secrets easily.

I hope one of the solutions works well for you.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DeaneG

• World Citizen

Adding a webpage to the theater view menu worked really well, thank you! Much easier than doing the same thing under WMC. I'm using it to view a BlueIris video feed web page for each security camera.

A page in the FAQ wiki titled "View external web page" or "View URL" would be most helpful to the next guy who has to find it. Nothing came up under a general Google search of "jriver" and either of those two terms either. It's pretty well hidden for being such a great feature.
Pages: [1]   Go Up