INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I open J. Rivers on the same computer twice using the same library?  (Read 1843 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen

I have a windows 7 computer.  I am using version 21.02.  My profile hosts the server which connects when I log in.  I'm always logged in and it logs it when computer first starts.  So the jrivers server is running all the time.  When I switch to my wife's Windows user account I could not open Jrivers at all.  When I first did it said there was another instance of it running. 

After looking through the settings I noticed this option to have multiple instances of Jrivers running at the same time.  I enabled that.  That allows me to open Jrivers on my second user account.  However there is no library.  So I tried to connect to the library.  I used my access code and then I entered in my username/password.  But then it says it could not be loaded and if I wanted to load the main library. 

How do I set this up on my my second profile.  I would be OK if it was read-only but my wife wants to listen music through it and as of right now she can't.  Any help will be much appreciated.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"

Hello...first off it's JRiver with no s... ;) when you switch users how do you do it...do you log off or do you just switch, this could maybe make a difference and or when it asked you to load the main library that is perhaps what you should do, I do not have a 2nd profile on my W7 machine so I am taking a guess here. Also you don't mention why you have the server running this also could make a difference! You also may want to see if you can load JRiver as a client on your wife's account...this is all just speculation on my part....Good Luck
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

icanrule

• World Citizen

I just switch users and do not log off from the main account.  I require my profile to be logged in all the time to have certain services running in the background.  I thought it was also necessary to allow gizmo to connect to my home computer when I am away, but that belief might be based on a much earlier version of JRiver. 

I have my server running because 90% of my music consumption happens via the internet with apps like JRemote, or Gizmo. Those apps also allow me to control all my media from within my home.   Because of this the server needs to be running all the time when I am at home or away. 

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

It's probably a disk permissions issue.  I am betting that your wife's account doesn't have access to the library file.

I wonder if you could set up the JRiver on your wifes account to a client of your JRiver account. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up