INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.251 beta available  (Read 7029 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.251 beta available
« on: September 12, 2003, 08:24:16 am »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.      

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:    
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe    

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:    
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91251.exe

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Fixed: Media Server wouldn't stream filenames with international characters.
2. Fixed: Action Pane would continue to try to initialize non existent Portable Devices.
3. Fixed: While dragging files, MC would sometimes erroneously switch views.
4. Fixed: Dropping files from a view to a "My Computer" folder could cause a crash.
5. Fixed: Action Window wouldn't show selected file in Find Music or Artist Info.
6. Fixed: Empty dates could turn to "1899" in some cases. (like after a clean file properties)
7. Changed: First level menu items no longer become the MRU item at the top of the menu. (since they're already there)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
Re: Media Center 9.1.251 beta available
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 08:43:37 am »

What's the chances of the Send-to MRU being completely separate from the main MRU?  
Toast goes in the toaster.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 09:01:22 am »

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/0909   Priority: Low
    Folder Displayed Twice
    In My Computer, if a folder is dragged to a new location or if a new folder is created, it is displayed twice.[/s]

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 09:03:10 am »

What's the chances of the Send-to MRU being completely separate from the main MRU?  

Zero in this version.  It's sailing soon.

Thanks for your great bug reports.

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 11:53:05 am »

Problems:
  • MC9.1 is still trying to play DVD disc when I insert it.  I want to use my favorite DVD player.  Please give me an option to stop this.  This is even worse now.  MC9.1 is now playing some very big noise through my audio card when I insert DVD.  I was almost burning my audio system.  :'(  It's really bad.  Please stop this ASAP.  There is an option in Device Setting instead of File Association window for Audio CD.  I wish the installer asked this configuration like it asked me about Audio CD (through file association mechanism) in the middle of installation.
  • I cannot resize MC9 window from left-upper corner.
  • MC9 smartlist wizard is slow.  "Add Rule" -> "Artists..." took about 10 seconds.

Internationalization Problems:
  • Grouping of list doesn't work for non alphabet artists/titles/etc.

farmore

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
New bug
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 12:04:33 pm »

No grouping level for fields with field type list anymore. When you select properties on such an item, the grouping box is grayed out.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2003, 12:32:33 pm »

I can reproduce this bug even in .251 - Anybody else?
Track Info Plug-In ( Version 1.0.28 ) crashes after it was once selected in Plug-In Manager. MC's graphics get mixed up, MC crashes or has to be restartet:
> Open Plug-In Manager
> Open "Display" section
> Open "Track Info" section
No matter what you do after that, as soon as "Playing Now" is displayed, MC crashes. If "Playing Now" was opened while selecting "Track Info" in the Plug-In Manager, MC crashes immediately.

geoelectric

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2003, 12:48:20 pm »

For the last few builds (since 9.1.247) I've been getting a nasty issue where the YADB access dialog and the "Updating View" dialog alternately flash five or ten times.  I have to take down MC and bring it back up to get YADB working again when this happens.

Thread's here:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1060816285;start=0#4

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2003, 01:05:01 pm »

How's this for a nitpick?

All of the included MEGA-ME skins, including the new Metal skin (but not BZero) have outdated preview images in Skin Manager. They all show the skins as they looked before the search box was moved.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2003, 01:45:17 pm »

Zero in this version.  It's sailing soon.

That's fine.  I'll bug you guys about it next version.

Thanks for your great bug reports.

Thanks for a great program.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2003, 02:14:51 pm »

The ReShuffleFiles() function in MC Automation doesn't appear to be doing anything. I can successfully toggle the Shuffle state, but when I call the ReShuffleFiles function, nothing happens. There's no error message, which leads me to believe that I'm calling the function correctly.

Scratch that... it IS working. What's not working right is that MEGA-ME doesn't reflect the new Playing Now order until the next song starts playing.

geoelectric

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2003, 02:54:33 pm »

Your default sort order is now:

media type | artist | album | track # | name

Problem is, you only support 4 levels of sort order--that's five.  :)

geoelectric

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2003, 02:57:12 pm »

When ripping a Multiple Artists album, you seem to be assigning track numbers in the order the tracks are displayed in the CD "playlist" window.  The problem is that you display Multiple Artists albums sorted by Artist by default, not by Track #.  Thus, you're scrambling the tracks when the album's ripped.

On a side note, I can't get sorting changes for the CD window to stick--when I take out the CD and put another in, they revert to:

Album | Artist | Track # | Name

This is regardless of whether the album is single or multiple artists, and also regardless of whether the "sort single albums by track #" is checked.

geoelectric

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2003, 02:57:55 pm »

You don't pull the year down from YADB--my ripped tracks all are without dates.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2003, 03:10:45 pm »

The Media Centre display tasklbar item bug has reappeared in this build.  It had gone in the previous one...What happens now is the Media Centre item changes to Media Centre display but when you return to MEGA ME a new button appears for Media Centre...

To geoelectric MC supports unlimited sort levels but it only shows graphics (the little numbers and arrows) for the first four.

Any chance of an option to disable the toolbars in the track info display when in full screen??  Doofs new track info pages are great but they are spoiled by the toolbars appearing...

Adam

"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2003, 03:27:38 pm »

Just gone back to 250 to check this and in fact it does not wor properly there either.  Go into window mode and the taskbar button for MC changes to a Media Centre display button.  Return to MEGA ME and an extra button appears... I was sure this worked yesterday but doesn't now...

Adam

Media Center Registered 9.1.250 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1540 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 102 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Drive G: MITSUMI  CR-48X9TE          Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

UPDATE:  Think Ive got it.  When you switch to Windowed mode MC auto minimizes to the tray.  If you return to MEGA ME without restoring MC first you get the double task bar item.  If you restore MC first you don't...
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2003, 03:53:37 pm »

I am having problems with the Tivo Home Media Option.  When I enter the music center, and start looking through the audio files, if I page down through a list on any section several things will not display.

For example, I go into the Artist/Album view the first page displays properly, but then if I page down I see the next page with one artist listed at the top and no more listed.  Then if I page down again, the next page resumes at a later point in the list of artists with several missing from the middle.  I hope this explanation isn't thoroughly confusing.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2003, 04:16:23 pm »

Hi amwoza,

You're not the only one having this problem. I'll check this next week.

j

geoelectric

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2003, 04:28:45 pm »

To geoelectric MC supports unlimited sort levels but it only shows graphics (the little numbers and arrows) for the first four.

Ah, OK.  Thanks for the clarification.

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2003, 07:59:03 pm »

4. Fixed: Dropping files from a view to a "My Computer" folder could cause a crash.

Thank you!!!  No more crash.

Verifying this fix led me to find another bug:

1. Display the media library in MC
2. Open a regular Windows Explorer folder
3. Drag a file from MC to the folder in Windows Explorer

What happens is this:

- The file will be physically MOVED from the original location to the Windows Explorer location.
- Media Library does NOT become updated with this new location
- It is no longer possible to play this file

I think, like dragging a file to a folder within MC, that the Media Library should be updated properly when dragging the file into a regular Explorer window.

You guys are doing awesome!

MachineHead

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2003, 03:18:23 am »

Changing Playback Options (ASIO, Wave Out, etc.) and clicking OK causes MC to start juggling the crossfade slider in options. The position of the slider was not touched to begin with but I can see it moving around momentarily before window is closed.

NanjingGuy

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2003, 06:40:17 am »

The crash when installing the MP3 encoder is still present Choose either MP3 encoding type, get told that the plugin is not present. Say OK to download and install. When the download and install is complete you will get a dialog saying it is complete. When you click OK for that dialog MC simply disappears. No errors, no info.

NanjingGuy

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2003, 07:00:58 am »

I have an Audigy 2  with the latest drivers.
I decided to give ASIO a try so I set the following:

Bitdepth- 24
Sample rate- 48,000 Hz

Then I chose ASIO as the output mode.

I stopped playback then started again.

I got several errors that the Audigy couldn't use ASIO with 44.1 KHz sound. Then MC stopped trying to play.

I rechecked the settings and sure enough all output format was back to default.

I set them again and tried to play again.

This time MC exited immediately with no errors, no info.

When I tried to start MC again, there was never a splash screen and it never opened. But it would be listed as a running process in task manager.

Eventually after trying this and that to get it to open without playing, I uninstalled.

I've reinstalled but haven't tried ASIO because it is a LONG time in rebuilding the library.

NanjingGuy

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2003, 07:03:38 am »

Since I had to reinstall because of a different error, I found that the crash when you install the MP3 encoder is still present.

P.S. Matt- I spoke with Ying and Yang, the tic-tac-toe playing chickens here in Nanjing. They say you have usurped their title and demand a match.

MachineHead

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2003, 08:18:25 am »

View scheme sorting needs a little updating. Year is no longer a valid arguement is it? At least in the sense of its former meaning.

So...

I have a view scheme sorted by artist - year - album - track #. With current version of MC it ignores year and lists only the other three choices.

BTW - What is the correct term now? With several different dates to choose from, one has to be similar to just plain year.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2003, 08:47:59 am »

MachineHead,

It is now Date(year) for just year

Adam

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2003, 08:57:04 am »

This is a bug that I reported in the early 9.1 betas but lost track of it.  It's still present in this version.  I don't know if it's a MC bug or Windows Explorer problem, however.

1.  Select 2 or more files in Windows Explorer
2.  Click on "Play in Media Center"
3.  Nothing happens

If only 1 file is selected and "play in Media Center" is clicked, the file plays.  

LisaRCT

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2003, 09:14:59 am »

1- While in Playing Now, clicking on horizontal divider bar (between file list & track info pane) closes the one pane correctly, but fails to remember location for return when clicked again.

2- File (song info) fails to update in track info templates while listening to streams (must change track info template to refresh)

3- Playing volume changes by several decibels sometimes when changing focus or accessing web pages (bug? not exclusive to this build).

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2003, 09:55:03 am »

If I use the option to re-encode files in the iPod plugin and I set the conversion encoding to something higher than the source files it won't re-encode.

This is exactly what I would expect.

The problem is that if I select an OGG file to send to the iPod, it wont re-encode it if the conversion is set to a higher bit rate. Sorry, but I think that if the file types are different, it should re-encode no matter what the conversion is set to.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2003, 11:25:22 am »

1- While in Playing Now, clicking on horizontal divider bar (between file list & track info pane) closes the one pane correctly, but fails to remember location for return when clicked again.

Confirmed

Good to see you back here, Lisa.  Hope things are going well with Rachel.

Shelly

dragyn

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2003, 02:11:35 pm »

• Viewing files in 'My Computer' and selecting import could import exe, zip, rar, inf etc files into Media Library.

• Unable to drag columns to new positions off screen. This is horrible on a low resolution screen.

• <This Folder> shows 0 files in Tree View but shows correct files in Pane view.

• <All> isn't listed in the tree view. This makes bypassing fields in the tree unusable / have to resort to pane view. This also doesn't work that great in Quick Play / Hairstyle(?).

• /PlayReplace stops playback before playing the tracks.

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2003, 02:26:44 pm »

Pls forgive me if I am not using correct technical terms.

I have..say three programs running: MC, outlook, explorer. At the bottom of my xp I have this status bar showing what programs are open.

Usually when I want to shift from outlook to mc  or vice versa, I just leftclick on the program that I do want to use now, and then I get to that program.

With 251 I can't go from MC to another program doing this, only by minimizing MC I can do it. I can go from another program to MC by just hitting the MC line in the status bare at the bottom.
Media Center Registered 9.1.251 -- C:\Programmer\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 2537 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 277 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-1300A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2003, 03:49:14 pm »

Minor tag editing issue.

If one is editing a field having "slow double clicked" or used F2 in a list. If you do an arrow up or down, focus is lost due to the dialog for writing a tag to the file (which is now due to the newer semantics of waiting for change of entry selection before writing the file). When focus is lost due to the writing notification, the new field is now not selected for editing.

This destroys one of the neater methods of editing tags. However the semantics for writing tags work well for using the Action Window.

Is it possible to have different semantics when editing directly in a field? so that file updates don't occur until a return or other change that would deselect field editing occurs.

jleerigby

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2003, 01:48:43 am »

In windows explorer if you right click>media centre it doesn't matter whether you click play or add to playing now, they both do the same thing (add to playing now).

This bug has been there a long time.

Mishimatic

• Talking to the sky
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2003, 02:56:34 am »

Changing the 'Artist' field of an MP3 on an iPod causes a crash - sometimes with the standard "Media Core has encountered a problem and needs to close." error message, other times Media Center just disappears.  However when I go back into Media Center, the 'Artist' field has changed according to my previous input - so I can change the tags for an album but it's very time consuming.

Installing the MP3 encoding module for the first time causes a crash.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2003, 08:43:42 am »

• Re-opened - Date Opened: 2003/09/09   Priority: Low
    Folder Displayed Twice
    In My Computer, if a folder is dragged to a new location.

I thought it was fixed but I guess I was wrong.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2003, 03:34:21 pm »

Bug:

Media Server does not stream cover arts with internation characters.

Wishes:

1.- "List" subitems should be first level items in PN page. This is specially true when right clicking a selection. Right click menu should be context menu...  

2.- PN page still flashes when browsing library

geoelectric

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2003, 01:01:01 am »

I'm not getting any return back at all when a disc isn't found in YADB.  MC just hangs at the "connecting to YADB" step.  Hitting cancel drops that dialog, but the Updating View dialog stays up.  If you quit Media Center, MC exits, but that dialog stays.  Ultimately, you get an AV in Media Core.

nila

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2003, 04:29:45 am »

Managing to kill MC EVERY time - I try to use TV Tuner, go to scan, it finds one channel then crashes and dies.

Media Center Registered 9.1.249 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1666 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 607 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive J: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
 Drive K: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-1300A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:2  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2003, 08:25:37 am »

When I attempt to move a file from one directory to another and there is a file already there with the same name, I get a dialog box asking if I want to over-write that file, which is great and well. However, if I select no (that is, leave things as they were with files of the same name in two different directories) Media Center changes the Filename of the file I was attempting to move to the destination directory. This makes it appear in Media Center as if there are two files with the exact same name in the same directory. However, the file is actually still in the "source" directory.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2003, 12:54:27 pm »

Managing to kill MC EVERY time - I try to use TV Tuner, go to scan, it finds one channel then crashes and dies.

Please start a new thread on this, and provide the following info:

TV card make and model,
Driver version.

Does it crash if you play a channel by entering a channel number directly?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up