INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Support for HLS/HLD/DASH (Internet Radio Streams)  (Read 3165 times)

switch6343

• Recent member
Support for HLS/HLD/DASH (Internet Radio Streams)
« on: August 20, 2015, 07:13:03 pm »

BBC Internet Radio Stations used to stream in AAC. The BBC is making this format redundant and is in the process to introduce HLS/HLD/DASH to replace MP3 and AAC/AAC+.

Is JRiver Media Center supporting these formats in JRiver Media Center v20? And if not, will it be supported in v21?

I look forward hearing from you.
Cheers

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: Support for HLS/HLD/DASH (Internet Radio Streams)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 07:40:26 pm »

I have used MC20 for HLS video streams.  If you do a search of this site, there is a report that BBC Radio streams in HLS do work in MC20 build 79 (but cannot be streamed over DLNA).

BTW, it is "HDS" not "HLD".

Currently, DASH is not supported in MC20 or MC21, but the BBC is not using it yet anyway.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 08:51:08 pm »

I'm using the new BBC HLS stream just fine in MC and on Remotes (Like EOS).  Keep in mind that with Internet Radio Streams, MC does not transocode them but just pass them to the device, so your end device has to support HLS (or whatever stream you are using).  I'd like to see this changed so that MC processes the stream using the settings in the DSP manager like is done with Audio files as I have some stream incompatiblity on some of my devices.

FYI - BBC World Service HLS stream I am using is : http://bbcwsen-lh.akamaihd.net/i/WSEIEUK_1@189911/index_64_a-p.m3u8
JRiver CEO Elect

switch6343

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 09:31:25 pm »

I have used MC20 for HLS video streams.  If you do a search of this site, there is a report that BBC Radio streams in HLS do work in MC20 build 79 (but cannot be streamed over DLNA).

BTW, it is "HDS" not "HLD".

Currently, DASH is not supported in MC20 or MC21, but the BBC is not using it yet anyway.

Thank you kstuart. You are right, it is HDS and NOT HLD.

switch6343

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 09:39:54 pm »

I'm using the new BBC HLS stream just fine in MC and on Remotes (Like EOS).  Keep in mind that with Internet Radio Streams, MC does not transocode them but just pass them to the device, so your end device has to support HLS (or whatever stream you are using).  I'd like to see this changed so that MC processes the stream using the settings in the DSP manager like is done with Audio files as I have some stream incompatiblity on some of my devices.

FYI - BBC World Service HLS stream I am using is : http://bbcwsen-lh.akamaihd.net/i/WSEIEUK_1@189911/index_64_a-p.m3u8

Thank you jmone. The HLS stream of BBC World Server works perfectly in MC v20!
Pages: [1]   Go Up