INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why less than 2 days of guide data  (Read 3126 times)

willrbaar

• Junior Woodchuck
Why less than 2 days of guide data
« on: August 21, 2015, 03:10:39 pm »

I am trying to get more than one and a half days of guide data.  The wife wants 2 weeks.  I have been trying for over a week to get my trial copy of MC 21 (was MC20) to give me more guide days.  I switched to MC21 and used the embedded mc2xml, with a result of less than 2 days of guide data.  A Windows MC on the same computer has 12 days of guide data.  Why can't I get at least 12 days.  Is there something I'm missing.  Help.

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: Why less than 2 days of guide data
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 06:37:00 pm »

What choices are you using in mc2xml ?

willrbaar

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 09:47:05 am »

I figured it out.  Since I was setting up JRiver for the first time as a trial subscription, I was working exclusively in standard view/television.  It always was showing less than 2 days of guide data when I did an update.  Last night, when my wife was in theater view, the guide was showing about 12 days worth of guide data, which is what we want.  When I went back to standard view, it was showing less than two days of data.  Obviously, they have limited the amount of guide data being shown in standard view.   I don't understand why they would do this.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 04:35:24 pm »

Obviously, they have limited the amount of guide data being shown in standard view.   I don't understand why they would do this.

I don't get this. I work exclusively in Standard view (admittedly getting my EPG via XMLTV) and I've never seen a shortage of reported data, except when the grabbed EPG has borked for some reason.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 05:09:31 pm »

When I read this post I went to Standard View to see if this was happening on my system too. It's not. I get 7 days of EPG guide data in Standard View and the same in Theater View.

It looks like 7 days is the default (but the guide updates/refreshes every 24 hours (or sooner), so it's not a problem for me) - and I don't think that default can be changed if you using the MC built-in mc2xml retrieval method.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 08:33:03 pm »

Willrbaar was basing his conclusion on his observations and my post over here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99218.msg689732#msg689732

I definitely only get 24 hours of EPG displayed in Standard View, unless I am using the search function, in which case results from the full EPG timeline are displayed. I can change the Date and/or Time at the top of the display to see a different 24 hours from the full 7 days of EPG I have in MC though.

Below is what it looks like. Note that I have selected just one channel so that you can see the full 24 hours in one screen. Note also that it is 24 hours. Not today plus tomorrow. This screenshot was taken at 11:19am, so the EPG is only shown to 10:30am tomorrow. I do not know of any setting that changes the length of time displayed.

I am also using XMLTV from EPG Collector. I haven't made changes to my EPG load function in MC for a long time, so maybe there is a change in there, but I don't believe that I have ever seen a setting to restrict the display to 24 hours.

So if you guys are getting more than 24 hours, I don't know how or why. A question for Yaobing perhaps.
EDIT: Thanks Yaobing for the timely reply while I was editing this message. So it is 24 hours then, and we were just having a communication issue. Maybe the image will clarify things.

PS: That image is from a Client PC, which is why the message at the bottom says the program guide has never been refreshed. On the server it shows it was refreshed this morning.
PPS: Also, I just realised, or I had forgotten, that I can look back two days into the past of EPG data using the Standard View display. That will be handy to remember in future, when I want to check what has slipped off to the left of the Theatre View Guide. Sometime I want to know what was on two hours ago, or what time a program was scheduled to start.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 08:41:26 pm »

It is just a confusion between having several days of data and showing only 24 hours of data at one time.  24 hours per display is hard coded (it used to be 12 hours, and we changed it to 24 hours quite some time ago).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Aimhere

• Junior Woodchuck
  • These are not the droids you're looking for.
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 08:50:13 am »

I hate to revive a necro post, but why is the EPG hard-coded to only show 24 hours in standard view? I'd really like to see the entire schedule... or at least have an option to set the number of days to display.

aimhere

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 11:01:48 am »

In standard view you can see as many days of EPG data as your EPG source can provide.

There is a date selector (and a time selector too).  You select a date and time and see 24 hours of programs from the selected date and time.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up